CHAPTER 6: Meeting Her

Chapter 6: Meeting Her.

Augustus was getting ready when he heard a knock on his door. It was not a surprise to him that someone was at his front door, especially after the incident that had happened in their pack.

Afraid to rouse his family, he tread carefully towards the door.

“Yes?” he asked the young scout who was standing in his doorway.

“Sir, the Alpha requested your presence in his office.” Said the young scout in one breathe.

Augustus look amused at the young scout actions, “Could you give me a minute?” The boy was clearly in his early stage of training as a scout. He knew that he gave off a serious aura. The stern expression was permanently etched on his face. It often scared people, except the people that he worked closely with.

He went to a room, where he found his little bundle of joy, her arms and feet were spread wide and the blanket was pushed under her feet. He smiled to himself. And then giving his daughter a goodbye kiss while pulling the blanket over her little body.

With the threat in their pack, and the on-going investigation, he barely spent time with his family. Especially with his daughter, who he rarely saw.

“Going?” Lucy, his young wife, asked from the doorway.

 “Yes, the Alpha summoned me.” Augustus replied as he walked towards his wife.

“In this early hour?” She questioned, keeping herself from yawning. After all, it was unusual for her to be up at that time.

He gathered her in his arms, “I was getting ready. It might about some report.”

Lucy’s brows knotted with worry, despite her husband’s comforting embrace, “I’m worried about that boy. He works too much. Has he been sleeping lately?”

As he ran his thumb gently over the knotted brows, Augustus replied, “He’ll survive, he’s an Alpha, through and through.”

Lucy was about to say something, but her husband kiss her, halting her words. “You shouldn’t worry too much, you should rest more. You and the baby need it.” He said while touching his wife’s bulging stomach that was slowly growing. And with a final goodbye he went to see the Alpha.

A knock on his door jolted Sebastian from his thoughts. “Come in.”

“Alpha, you called for me.” Augustus said as he gave a respective nod to Sebastian.

Sebastian gaze wandered over the expanse of his office, “Have a seat.” Early rays from the sun flows through the window. Light footsteps could be heard around the house.

Some were starting their day with their patrol and their responsibilities in the pack. Others were making breakfast for everyone, including the younger ones, who would be preparing for school later in the morning. It was the everyday life in the pack house.

The noise, the clutter, the laughter that they shared together in the pack. Silently, Sebastian wished that one day his mate would join him. He smiled to himself, unaware of Augustus watchful gaze.

Augustus watched the young Alpha closely. There was a discreet smile on the Alpha’s lips and the far-away look in his eyes. Clearly the Sebastian was not focused.

Turning his gaze towards Augustus, he asked him, “Tell me about this girl named Crimson. I came to the conclusion that I know nothing about her, I mean, them. Except that they belonged to a pack previously. And that she saved my father’s life.”