Chapter 3

Normani's POV

I woke up with a feeling that I was trapped. My eyes were still shut tight, afraid to see what had me in the killer hold. I took a deep breath and immediately relaxed when I smelled Ally's pefume from under my nose. I smiled widely and kissed the top of her head to wake her up. She wiggled in my arms as she woke up and I loosened my grasp, realizing that she was probably having the same fear that I was few seconds ago. I noticed that she still wouldn't open her eyes. I pulled back so I could see her face. She was even more beatiful when she was asleep. I gently brushed a strand of hair behind her ear and leaned down. "Wake up, baby." I whisper.

She stirred again and slowly opened her caramel colored eyes. "Morning ManiBear," she purred in her adorable morning voice and let out a raspy giggle.

"Morning Allycat," I say, as I start to giggle as well. We stared at each other for a while in comfortable silence.

Ally's POV

My eyes roamed my best friend's face, slowly taking in her beauty. I resisted the urge to reach up and trace her features with my fingertips. I never wanted her to let go of me. I always felt so happy in her arms. So safe, like everything bad in the world had flown out of the window. The only other times I feel like this are when I'm with....Troy.

Loud stomping from the front of the bus caused us both to jump and break our gaze. "Rise and shine, shine and rise my lovely dawgs!" Dinah shouted as she came closer to the bunks. "Another day, another city! Time to rock Miami girls!" Since I was closest to the curtain, I pulled it open slightly so that I could peek out. I laughed a little too loudly when I saw Dinah throw open Camila's curtain and yell her name, causing her to fall out of her bottom bunk. Normani frantically tapped my shoulder and I turned to face her, letting go of the curtain the the process.

Her eyes were wide as she pressed the side of her index finger to her lips. I quickly figured out that she wanted us to keep quiet so that Dinah would find us last. I cuddled into her and she wrapped her arms around me again. As we settled into our previous position, I suddenly remembered that I was supposed to be asking her why she was so upset about Arin. I looked up at Normani's face, her eyes were closed in an attempt to fall back asleep. She looked so happy, I didn't want to ruin her good mood by mentioning the one thing that makes her upset.

We both groaned when the curtain flew open and Dinah shined a flashlight in our eyes. "Let's go sleeping beauties!!!" She demanded.

Normani's POV

I tickled Ally from behind, signaling that she should go first. She giggled, swatting at my hands as she climbed down from the bunk. I follwed suit and walked to the kitchen part of the bus to join the girls for breakfast.

"Mila, can you pass the salt?" Dinah asked when we were all seated at the table. Camila looked at Dinah and glared, then went back to her eggs.

"Um, hello?" Lauren started, waving her hand in Camila's face. "Earth to Camz?!"

"I'm not talking to her." Camila grumbed. "Thanks to HER I have a bruise on my arm!"

Lauren leaned over to check out the spot that Camila was pointing to. "There's nothing there," She tells her friend with hints of frutration and annoyance in her voice.

"But it still hurts!!" Camila pouted, rubbing her arm.

"Hang on, Mila." Ally said as she stood up from her seat next to me. "I'll get you an Advil." She was smiling when she said it, but it comforted me to know that it wasn't the same smile that she gave me. For some reason, I wanted to be the only person she gave that smile to.

3 Hours Later Backstage Before Their Concert

Ally's POV

I was so pumped for this concert. Miami was where we first performed at the judges' houses and our anniversary was the next day! I turned to face Normani, hoping that she was as excited as I was, but I was shocked to see that she was biting her lip looking nervous as ever. I quickly walked over to her and sat down next to her on the stools that were set aside for the slower songs. "Mani what's wrong?" I asked, placing one hand on her bouncing knee and two fingers under her chin, shifting her head so she could look me in the eyes.

"I-I just..." she stuttered. I pulled her into me and noticed that she was shaking. "I-I feel like there's a lot of pressure on me to do really well tonight."

"Why ManiBear?" I asked, as I started to run my fingers through her hair. "It's not your hometown." I suppressed a giggle, which was probably not the best idea.

"Ally, this is serious!" She pulled away from me and I noticed that she was getting really frustrated now and I stopped laughing immediately. "I am the least liked person in the group and Camila and Lauren and the most liked! Even their friends are famous because of them and if I mess up in front of them, people will like me even less!"

My best friend was so close to bursting into tears and I had no idea how to shake this horrible thought from her head. I cupped her face with my hands and gently ran my thumbs under her eyes. "Mani don't you EVER degrade yoursef like that! You are beautiful, talented, kind, sweet, caring, and you can ALWAYS put a smile on someone's face! There are millions of people in this world that LOVE YOU and no amount of Twitter followers can change that. And most importantly, I love you!" I pressed my lips to her forehead, letting them linger a little, suddenly liking the feeling of her warm skin on my lips. I pulled away, mentally shaking the scary thought from my head.

"Thanks Ally, you always know how to make me feel better!" She pulls my hands from her face, kissing both palms. My heart starts beating faster but I don't make her let go of my wrists. "I guess it was just hormones talking." She smiles and I smile back, completely speechless. I had no idea what I was feeling at the moment, but I wasn't really sure that I wanted it to stop.

A/N: So yeah there was A LOT in this chapter and I can't really tell if it's long but it probably isn't haha. And don't worry, I'll get to the Arin situation soon, I promise! Like I said before, comment, vote and read haha byeee :-)