Chapter 8

Ally's POV

"Aha! I knew it!"

I was so shocked that Normani had kissed me, that it took me a while to realize we'd been caught.

"I had a feeling that something was going on between you two!" I noticed that Dinah didn't have anything loud, bright, or threatening in her hands, so she must've just gotten up. "How long has all this been happening?!"

She was talking quietly, which I was incredibly grateful for: I didn't need anyone else finding out about this until Normani and I discussed the situation. "About a minute," Mani says, still looking embarrassed.

Dinah sighed and rolled her eyes, knowing that she wasn't going to get any information from us right now. "Alright, well, you guys go pretend your asleep and I'll act like I don't know anything. I gotta do my morning rounds; I wake you up last anyways." She started to close the curtain but I stopped her, finally finding my voice.

"Please don't tell anyone, Dinah." I begged in a whisper. She nodded and smiled.

"Of course not! Your secret's safe with me!" She winked at Mani and I let the curatin go.

I turned to face my best friend and we just stared at one another. Our gazes stayed locked on each other and I searched her dark-chocolate colored eyes for any hint of an emotion. I saw happiness, embarrassment, and a hint of love, but the one thing I didn't see was regret. I leaned forward just slightly to press our foreheads together and brushed my nose against her's.

I heard her take a shaky breath and I cupped her face and ran my thumbs under her eyes, knowing that it always calmed her down. "Do you regret it, Allycat?" Her sweet voice was almost inaudible and she sounded like she was afraid of the answer.

"Never, ManiBear." I heard Dinah start to blow a whistle in the front of the bus. "Let's go back to sleep."

I kissed her nose and we both laid back down. I had my back facing her; I wanted to replay that moment over and over again,but I didn't want her to see me smile.

She reached around to my stomach and gentle pulled me into her. Mani's mouth was right next to my ear when she whispered: "Can we do it again soon, Allycat?"

I blushed and openly shivered at the meaning of that sentence. "Anything for you, ManiBear." She burried her face in my hair and I giggled. I realized that I had finally found the one thing I had needed all my life.

"Alright ladies, me and my girls are going to St. Louis!" Dinah shouted, blowing the whistle again.

"That's improper grammar!!!" Lauren shouted, sticking her head out of her bunk.

"It's a play on words, LoLo!" Camila called while on her way to the kitchen.

Dinah threw open our curtain again and put her hand on her hip. "I don't really have anything to threaten you with today, because management told me that if I blow this whistle in your face, it might damage your hearing, and that wouldn't be good for the concert." She rolled her eyes as if that was the most absurd thing she had ever heard. Dinah winked at us and then snapped back into her sargeant mode. "Up and at 'em dawgs!"

Normani's POV

"What would you like to eat, muchachas?" Dinah said as she headed to the fridge.

"Look at you: speakin' Spanish!" Lauren says proudly.

I gasped pretending to be offended. "I've been saying 'mi amor' for like, a year now!" I poited and crossed my arms over my chest, forcing back a smile when I heard Ally's giggle.

She leaned closer to my ear; "It's cuter when you do it." I swiveled my head to see her bite her lip and wink at me. I blushed and turned my attention back to the previous conversation.

"What is this, like, a Spanish-speaking competition?!" Camila comments, completely oblivious to the flirty exchange going on between Ally and I.

"Well, if it was, I would defintely lose!" Dinah says with a laugh.

"Someone get me food, now!" Camila shouts, pounding her fists on the table.

"I'll cook, Mila." Ally says, standing up from her chair. She squeezed my hand and looked me in the eyes. "Wanna help me, Mani?"

I nodded and followed her into the kitchen. Just as I was getting the eggs out of the refrigerator and turned to set them on the counter, a puff of flour was tossed into my face.

"Ally!!!" I cried. I put on my best mad face, which got harder and harder when her adorable giggle turned into a full blown laugh.

I stomped over to my friend and cracked and egg over her head. "Mani!!!" She squealed, running over to the napkins. I stole one from her hands and carefully wiped dripping yolk off of her cheek. She held her tounge between her teeth, attempting and failing to hold back her laughter. I found myself getting hypnotized by her eyes and I wanted nothing more than to feel her lips on mine again.

I jumped when I heard Camila's voice again. "You're not making my pancakes!" She slumped low in her chair and tried to look like she was starving.

"Calm down, Camz!" Lauren demanded, still half asleep.

I walked back to the table when I heard my phone buzz an opened the new text message.

From: Dinah

Ya'll need to stop being so cute! It's like rotting my teeth.

I glanced back at Dinah who was still leaning against the kitchen counter. I shrugged and she rolled her eyes, then went back to typing another message.

From: Dinah

Here's another reason; I think Lo's starting to get suspicious.

My heart started beating faster as I looked up to see Lauren's gaze shifting back and forth between Ally and I with a puzzeled look on her face.

This was going to be a lot harder than I thought.

A/N: Alright here's your chapter....I'm still pretty upset about what I just found out about one of my friends and I know that they're not the only one who's been reading this so could someone else start to comment or review or something please? It just gives me motivation and if I don't get any comments I'll just stop posting ok thanks bye....

P.S.- To my friend if you're reading this: even if I stop posting, I'll never stop writing and thank you for always being there for me :')