Chapter 1

Normani's POV

I stared at Camila with a fake smile plastered on my face when she mentioned my ex-boyfriend's name during our interview. The interviewer had asked about the time we met One Direction and Camila explained the time when Arin told Mila that Harry Styles was there and she didn't believe him. I laughed along with everyone else but I could feel my stomach twisting inside me. I could feel my cheeks heating up and started to mentally pray that no one would ask who Arin was. I missed him so much and just being friends with him wasn't really working for me. I never really understood why he wanted to break up with me in the first place. He said that all the traveling I would be doing with the tour wouldn't be good for our relationship. I tried to argue that Ally and Troy were fine with it and so were Dinah and Siope but he wasn't convinced. Arin told me that it was for the best and I had secretly thought that he just didn't want to be tied down which made me even more upset. Apparently I wasn't enough for him.

I tried my best to hold back my tears as the interviewer continued to ask more questions. Ally reached around the back of Camila's chair to squeeze my hand and I turned my head slightly to give her a small smile. We had bonded immediately when we met in Austin, Texas where we had both auditioned for The X Factor. It was pretty obivous that we were just as close as Camila and Lauren were but, unlike them, people commenting on whether or not we were dating, would never break us apart. Ally smiled right back and gave her famously adorable little giggle which me made smile even wider. She gave my hand one more reassuring squeeze and let it go.

I continued to answer questions and act like nothing was wrong when really a million different questions were running through my head. We performed a few songs and I still had that same fake smile plastered onto my face, just wishing that the day would go by faster.

A/N: So this is my first time writing fanfiction and I'm kinda nervous about the response. Constructive criticism is welcome, so are ideas and suggestions as well as whether or not I should continue. Thanks, bye :-)