Chapter 19. The Confrence, and the Battle

Ch. 19

The conference room looked much like you'd think it would, with the high paneled ceiling, long gray

walls, and the long table with rolley chairs (AIIIE!!!) all around it. All of which

were filled except for six, everyone took one except for me. I went to stand by the wall

quietly.

"Okay first on the agenda-" one of them began before Claire interrupted.

"No, we have to talk first... all of us. Including you five." she says pointing at us.

"Okay, what do you have to say?" asked the one she had interrupted.

"This kid," she says pointing at me, "just arrived here yesterday."

"So?" says another person.

"Uh, so this kid can freaking fly and can fight better than all of you put together apparently.

And you're the best there is. Next to Brigid of course"

"I highly doubt all of that, except for the last few bits." said a dude at the end.

"He should be able to prove it before we believe such a statement." says small girl next to Ben.

"Bring it on." I say with the steel in my voice.

"Then we shall, as you say. but to warn you, we will not go easy." says the dude at the end.

"I could care less." I reply. He seems moved by the lack of respect, I have to remind myself that

all of these people are around eighteen and not congress.

"Alright then." says the smaller girl and she snaps her fingers.

Suddenly we aren't in the conference room anymore. We are in a a green field somewhere, for all I

know we could be ten thousand miles away from Boulder. I am now wearing full battle armour, and

my sword is strapped to my belt. I see the nine people at the other end of the field also

wearing full armour with various weapons in hand. They huddle, and turn back to me. The guy

that sat at the end of table advances and I do the same. I break into a run, a vague idea forming

in my head.

I begin to sprint and he does the same until we are twenty yards away from each other. "Are you

sure you wanna do this?" he asks.

"Are you sure YOU want to?" I ask snidely.

He cracks his knuckles and draws a javelin from the pouch on his back. I place my hand on my chin

and push until I hear a satisfying crack crack crack of my neck popping, then continue to charge.

When we are five feet away from each other, I jump up throw a roundhouse kick that hits him in the chest. I continue to hover in the air, as he gets up catching his breath.

"Not to late to turn back." I say.

He cracks an evil smile, and lunges at me. That's when things go wrong for him. I land and front kick his Javelin out of his hands. I swing my sword and slice it in half in mid-air. I turn to him, I see that he has drawn a dagger maybe seven inches long. He charges again, and I swing my sword. The knife blade goes flying, and there is a stunned look on his face.

"Ha!" I say and slice the target on his chest. he is vaporized, where he went I don't know.

Honestly I don't care. All I know is that the other eight charged.

I don't know why, but when they were ten feet away and closing I swung my sword thinking it wouldn't do anything. Boy, was I wrong. I wall of pure, black force shot towards them and they were all knocked flat on their backs. One of them recovered immediately. He charged me with twin hunting knives with about foot long blades. he swung them both horizontally at me, I blocked them easily and spun around to kick the smaller girl in the chest who was trying to sneak up on me. She fell back and I turned around to face the dude again. I swung with all the force I had and knocked one of the knives to the ground. I swung again and the second knife flew into the air. He was defenceless so I kicked him to the ground, counted to five and then the second knife fell and hit his target. He was gone.

I spun around so fast I almost fall over, which probobly saved me because somwone shot an arrow and it flew inches from where my target used to be. I jabbed my weapon at the smaller girl who had gotten to her feet, and she was gone. I jump up to avoid someones attempt to sweep my feet out from under me. I raise my sword to block someones dagger. I kind of go into overdrive after that, but before I know it there is just me and one other person.

I adjust my armour strap and take my time advancing. I swing my sword back and forth, and for a

second the last opponent looks nervous. She recovers and begins to walk towards me. When she is ten yards away and closing a wall of telekenetic force hits me. I stumble for a moment but stand strong. She keeps walking and when she is two feet away from me I spin around and backflip over her with the help of my flying ability. As expected she whirls around startled, and swings at me with an eighteen inch survival knife. I block and take to the air where I will have an advantage.

I rise ten feet, twenty feet, then WAM! Something hit me, andI fell to the ground and heard a crunch. I feel a stinging pain in my arm which is pinned between me andthe ground. I groan and stand up. Thankfully it's my left arm, and I'm right handed. I grab my sword and test both my arms. The left one is definitly busted, but my right seems alright. I look around for the attacker before I am kicked to the ground by an unseen force.

"Yeah, I got two dimension's beat that bird boy." said an unseen voice, which I guess is the last

of the nine.

I take a random swing and I hear a clang, then a startled OW!. I guess I hit her armour.

"Dosen't guarantee my loss though." I reply and get to my feet.

I stand still and listen for any movement. Ten o'clock, the grass is suddenly pushed down but there is nothing there. I turn around and swing, my blade is met with hers as she reappears.

"Hey I'm Jonah."

"Allison" she says. I smile then slash her target, poof into dust.

All of the sudden I'm back, and standing on the conference table still in full armour. Everyone is standing around the table looking up at me in awe. Except for Allison who looked florid and defeated.

"The best there is huh? Thought you's put up a better fight. Now can we go back to the infirmary? I think my arm-" all the sudden a blond guy about six feet tall reaches out and touches my arm, for a second it goes numb. Then he lets go and its perfect, I can move my arm and everything. I throw an experimental punch, and my arm responds. "Wow, thanks man." I say. he just nods and fades back into the crowd.

"So what do I do now? Lunch? I'm starving." I ask.

"Um," says Megan clearly shocked, "We have dimension's class at the training field."

"Cool, shall we go then?"

She nods and we exit through the door we came in leaving everyone behind.

So I'm sorry this chapter is so short! I'm like booked, writing two books, reading like 3, and school

stuff and crap so I hope you like it!!!

-DearAgony