Saving Aden (12): How To Love

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey y'all. All I can say is, HOLY WAH. I've gotten so many votes within the past few days, it's CRAZY. I think we're up to like, almost 120 votes for this story or something like that. And it's just...awesome.Every time I notice that someone votes for Saving Aden, or adds it to their library, I like...do a happy dance. Quite literally. I read an alert that I get from Wattpad that somebody fanned me and I like, started dancing around my room. That's what y'all do to me. But it's why I love you.(;

So. I'm trying really hard not to get too caught up in my schoolwork so I can still update Saving Aden pretty regularly, but it's not really working...if you haven't already noticed. Between friends, my boyfriend, schoolwork, and some other personal shit, my thoughts have been pretty clouded and I haven't found the will to update this story. But I'm working on it, I promise. I'm thinking I'll try to update at least once every week to a week and a half. I know that isn't a fast rate..but I said AT LEAST. That means there might be two if I really get going on a chapter!

No guarantees, but whatever. 

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE/COMMENT/FAN IF YOU THINK MY STORY DESERVES IT! SAVING ADEN HAS BEEN ENTERED IN THE WATTY AWARDS, SO EVERY VOTE AND COMMENT COUNTS!

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I love you all. 

Here's chapter twelve. Enjoy.(:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twelve: How To Love

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Gage shouted. He darted around my chair and slammed his hands down on Dane's desk, his fangs fully extended. "We just got back the information Brooke stole! How could you let this happen?! Do you have any idea how many lives are at risk now? Are there any suspects?!" Gage grabbed Dane by the collar, and pulled him up out of the chair so they were nose-to-nose. "This is what I've centered my entire life around, Dane." Gage's tone dropped to a calm whisper. "And you spend more of your time flirting with the female Guardians than actually doing your job."

I gnawed on my lip as I watched them argue, silently going through the list of Guardians in my head. Megan? No, she's too sweet. Eddie? He's too nice. Tom? Possibly. Rhea? Yeah, I could see her doing it...

Dane's hazel eyes widened in shock. "You're barely ever here anymore, Gage! I can't keep my eye on everything all at once! Give me some credit here, I'm trying!"

"You aren't trying hard enough, obviously!" Gage yelled, shaking Dane by the shoulders. "Otherwise we wouldn't this spy wouldn't have gotten past you!" 

"You can't expect me to do everything, Gage! We're supposed to be working as a team!" Dane screamed back. Dane's hair was a disarray of blonds and reds--no longer gelled and styled to perfection--and his eyes were now bordering on an angry crimson color. 

"I would have never let someone who was working for me do such a thing!" Gage growled, releasing Dane so he could push the hair out of his own face. 

"You already have!" Dane hissed, his fangs digging into his lip harshly. "Don't you remember with Brooke? She worked with us, right along side us for as long as I can remember, and you let her slip by!"

Gage pulled all the way back, looking ashamed. 

"That was a low blow, Dane," I said, getting to my feet. My hand tightened around my drink. "Completely uncalled for. At least Gage recognized his mistake, and made up for it by fixing it."

"He didn't fix anything," Dane snarled. "It's barely even been a day since we got the stolen info back, and already it's been leaked again!" He tuned his attention back to Gage. "Maybe if you weren't still caught up with Arianna, you'd actually be here more often!"