Saving Aden (13): Panic Switch

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 Holy wah. I hit 5,000 reads for this story the other night...and I still can't seem to get over it. That's a HUGE achievement for this story, and I'm so happy we've reached it. I wanna thank all of y'all for supporting this story, and keeping with it even though I suck at updating regularly.

Which brings me to my next point...

I'm getting really bad at uploading new chapters. BUT I'M TRYING TO GET BETTER, HONEST!

Oh yeah, just a little WARNING. I say "breasts" in this chapter. OH NO. HOW INAPPROPRIATE.Hahaha, I just wanted to let y'all know so you don't come across it and be like, "OMFG AHHHH. BOOBS."

'Cause you know, that's just how I imagine my readers would react... Honestly, if any of you get all flustered or something reading that word, you might wanna look back and see how many times my characters cuss in these chapters. It's quite ridiculous. 

Also, I've been thinking about redoing the cover for this story. So if any of y'all wanna submit anything...I don't know how you'd do that, but PM me about it. 

REMEMBER! DON'T FORGET TO VOTE/COMMENT/FAN/FACEBOOK LIKE/TWEET/GOOGLE+ IF YOU LIKE/LOVE THIS STORY AND THINK IT DESERVES IT! SAVING ADEN HAS BEEN ENTERED IN THE WATTY AWARDS, SO EVERY VOTE/COMMENT/FAN COUNTS!

Anyway, here's chapter thirteen. Enjoy.(:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirteen: Panic Switch

There was no answer to my open question, and when I listened, I couldn't hear the intruder any longer. 

"Hello...?" I asked again, slowly getting to my feet and reaching for the nearest towel to cover myself. 

I had just gotten one foot out of the bathtub, and wrapped my body in the towel, when Gage waltzed into the bathroom, headphones covering his ears. 

I let out a terrified shriek, which startled Gage and caused him to raise his eyes to mine. They widened slightly when he saw what state I was in, but then he just chuckled and took out his headphones, turning down the volume as he did. 

"Get out!" I screeched, holding the towel even closer to my body in response to his proximity. 

Gage rolled his eyes, grinning. "Babe, please. I've seen you before."

If I could've, I would've flushed in embarrassment; instead, I simply held my head high and ignored his comment. "That was then. This is now. I'm a different girl now," I told him confidently. 

Gage's expression shifted suddenly to something I couldn't quite read, but then all emotions left his face a split second later. "Doesn't matter who you become, Arianna," he murmured, choosing his words carefully. "You'll always be mine, babe. You just haven't realized it yet."

My body immediately reacted to his words, but I coulnd't allow my mind to listen to what my heart was saying. For fuck's sake, it was Gage. Relationships with him just didn't work out. 

"Gage...please don't," I pled, lowering my gaze to the floor. "I just can't deal with you saying shit like that right now."

"Okay, I understand," he said smoothly. "Why don't you sit back down and we can talk about the plan for the spy?"

Nodding, I lowered myself back down into the tub cautiously, bringing my arm up to cover my breasts as I did so. "I'm guessing you and Dane figured out a plan of action then?" I gave him a questioning look from under my lashes.