Saving Aden (10): Falling Down

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey y'all. Sorry it took me like...ten days to upload. This chapters a little longer than the past few chapters. 

I had a little bit of writers block towards the end of the chapter, even though I kind of had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do with it. I'll try my best to finish up chapter eleven and have it posted sometime next week. Who knows, it might even be done and posted this weekend since I don't really have any plans. 

I know, I know. I'm a teenager. Sixteen. It's pathetic that I have no plans...don't judge though, because I know we've all been there.

ANYWAY. Here's chapter ten!:D

Enjoy.(:

JUST ANOTHER REMINDER HERE. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE/COMMENT/FAN/TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT MY STORY IF YOU THINK MY WORK DESERVES IT! THERE'S SO MANY GOOD STORIES ENTERED IN THE WATTY AWARDS, AND IT'D BE AWESOME IF I COULD MAKE A GOOD MARK ON THIS CONTEST.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Ten: Falling Down

Scratch that. What I meant was that I didn’t pull back right away. But as soon as I felt Aden’s moist tongue touch the crease of my lips, I was gone.

“What the hell?” I screamed, yanking myself back from Aden. “I’m your Guardian for fuck’s sake. You just can’t do shit like that!”

His eyes widened, and pink tinged his cheeks in embarrassment. “I’m sorry, Arianna,” Aden said quickly. “I don’t know what came over me. I just...”

My mind was going a million miles a minute, making it almost impossible to focus on the human boy’s words. Why did he do that? Why’d I allow myself to kiss him back? Why the hell does he have to smell so damn good? Guardians aren’t supposed to kiss their clients...are they? Did I break some rule? God, his hair looks so soft...I just wanna touch it. WHAT?! No. Snap out of it. Stop talking to yourself, it isn’t normal.

I watched the way Aden’s jaw moved as he talked--though I couldn’t bring myself to pay attention to his words--and the way the more he talked, the darker his cheeks got. He had a freckle on his left ear lobe, and at that moment, the freckle was all that mattered to me.

“Arianna?” A hand suddenly came between my face and the freckle. “Are you alright?”

Blinking rapidly, I met Aden’s concerned gaze. “I’m sorry. What did you say?”

“I said that I’m sorry for kissing you like that,” he repeated. “And that I’ve never trusted a vampire--or person--like I do you, little vampire.”

“We’re not having this conversation here,” I told him quickly, reaching down and shifting the car back into drive. “I’ve got to get you home. Let’s just focus on that for now.”

Does he have feelings for me? I couldn’t help but wonder. Do I have feelings for him? I shook my head, silencing my thoughts. I can’t think about this shit now. 

I didn’t call Gage until we were about halfway to Aden’s house, and when I did, I certainly didn’t tell him about the kiss. If I did, I knew Gage would take me off Aden’s case, out of school, and then wait another ten years until he’d assign me to another human. 

“What’s going on?” Gage demanded as soon as he answered the phone. “Are you hurt? Is Aden okay? Did you guys get away?”

I couldn’t’ help but smile at his concern. “I’m fine, Aden’s fine, and we’re on our way back.”