Saving Aden (11): Pumped Up Kicks

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

SO. We're gettin close to 100 votes. I think like..Saving Aden needs around 10 more or something. That's pretty damn exciting if I do say so myself. 

I've been getting an awful lot of writer's block with this story lately, but I just don't know why. I enjoy writing it, and it's not like I'm super busy or anything, and I know where I wanna go with most chapters too. I just...I don't know.

I think I'm gonna update this story only once or twice a week unless I have time to really sit down and plan things out. So with only having weekly updates, I'll do my best to make them longer. (:

Anyway, here's chapter eleven! Enjoy.(:

ANNOUNCEMENT: SAVING ADEN IS ENTERED IN THE WATTY AWARDS, SO IF YOU THINK IT'S GOOD, REMEMBER TO VOTE/COMMENT FOR THIS STORY! EVERY VOTE/READ/FAN/COMMENT COUNTS! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THOSE OF YOU WHO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS STORY. I LOVE YOU ALL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eleven: Pumped Up Kicks

I blinked, staring up at Aden blankly. Wait...did he just say what I think he did?

"Next week is the art show," Aden continued, his thumbs rubbing circles into my arms, "I want you to be my date."

"Aden...I'm your Guardian," I said quietly, my voice cracking. 

"I know."

"And I'm a vampire," I added, lowering my eyes to the floor. I just couldn't bring myself to hold his gaze. His eyes were too sincere. Too green. 

"I know that too," he murmured. 

I wondered briefly about my exact feelings about Aden were, but quickly stopped myself. If I went there, there was absolutely no way that I would recover. I knew that I liked Aden; there was no doubt in my mind that there was some chemistry between us, but I was his Guardian. And my job was to protect him, not date him. 

"Aden, I don't know if dating would be such a good idea," I told him as delicately as possible. 

"It doesn't matter if it's a good idea or not," Aden said fiercely. "I wasn't asking if you thought it was either, I wanted you to know my feelings. And I want to know if you wanna be my date for the art show."

"I don't know Aden..."

"Do you want to go with me?" he asked. 

Slowly, I nodded. I just couldn't help it; of course I wanted to go with him.

"Then it's settled. We'll go together."

"Only on one condition," I said, lifting my chin up to look at him. "Gage goes to the art show too."

Aden's head perked up, and his eyes flashed with confusion. "What? Why?"

"I can't keep an eye on you by myself if this art show is as big as you say it is," I admitted. "I'm sure Gage would be more than happy to help..."

"But if he did...it would be like he'd be intruding on our date," Aden muttered. 

"Aden, it's nonnegotiable. Someone else has to be there," I insisted. "Especially if we'll be on a date."

"But--"

"No," I practically growled, my fangs slipping out. "Now let's go." 

Pulling away from him, I snatched Aden's hand, and dragged him down the hall and out the front door.