Saving Aden (2): Hello Fascination

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Whaaat? Two updates in one day?!? She's got to be crazy!  

Why yes, yes I am. Haha here's chapter two. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Two: Hello Fascination

"Tell me about yourself," Aden commanded softly. 

"I don't think that would be appropriate," I replied warily.  

"Why the fuck not?" His green eyes flashed to mine. 

"Because I'm your Guardian," I reminded him, "so our relationship is strictly business." 

Aden did his frustrated growl thing again, and my insides fluttered with butterflies. Again. "I refuse to let some girl I know nothing about put her life ahead of mine."  

I let out a sigh, realizing his point. "My name is Arianna Grace Devlin, and I was changed at the age of nineteen...about ten years ago." 

"Nineteen," he choked out, cutting me off "So young." I nodded slowly, letting my head lean against the window. "Do you miss your human life?" 

I nearly scoffed. "Of course I do. What vampire doesn't?" 

"I'm so sorry, little vampire." Surprisingly, he sounded sincere. "Here we are," Aden said as he pulled up into a driveway. It was a large, two story, tan house with a three car garage. "So this is where I live." 

"How did you find out about vampires?" I asked him suddenly. The question had been gnawing at my insides since I'd met him. Is it just him that knows? I wondered. What about the little girl? Does she know too?

I watched him from the corners of my eyes as Aden's entire frame tensed up, his knuckles turning white as his hands strained against the steering wheel. "My father was killed by one." 

I felt the air get stuck in my lungs. "W-what?" I stuttered. Death normally wasn't how most humans found out, which meant that it was possible that the rest of the Locke family knew nothing about vamps if Aden had been the only one to witness his death.  

Aden nodded, giving me a strange look. "Isn't that how most people find out?" 

I shook my head, almost violently, in response. "No, not at all. Normally our secret is passed down from generation to generation, and then we provide protection to those families who accept us," I explained.  

He gave me an incredulous look as he parked the car. "Are you fucking serious? People willingly know about you guys?" 

"Mmhmm," I hummed. "We're trying to live as openly as possible." 

"And that's why there are vamps after me and my family, and others that know," he mumbled, finally putting the pieces together.  

"They're more traditional, you could say." 

"Can I see your fangs?" Aden asked, almost too quietly for even my ears to catch.  

I felt my eyes widen, and I whipped my head around to face him. "Excuse me?" 

He lifted a hand and touched the corner of my lip lightly with one slender, pale, finger. "Fangs." 

I gulped, feeling a familiar ache in my gums. "Why?" 

"It's part of getting to know you," he answered simply.  

I batted his hand away from my face, turning so I was out of Aden's reach. "You'll see them when the time comes," I told him with a small, nervous chuckle. "Now that I've seen your house, I'd like to go back to mine and get ready for tomorrow."