Saving Aden (18): You Might Have Noticed

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

No time to chat. Make sure you comment/vote!

I LOVE YOU ALL.

Here's chapter eighteen(:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eighteen: You Might Have Noticed

That certainly didn't happen.

When I woke up that Saturday morning, Aden was still next to me, his arm wrapped securely around my mid section, and my realization had only made my inappropriate feelings grow stronger.

"Morning," Aden mumbled, pulling back slightly to stretch with a soft groan.

I immediately missed his warmth, and scolded my self for doing so.

"Good morning," I answered back.

"Arianna?" There was a sharp knock on the door, and then Gage walked inside. "I just wanted to let you know I'm..." Gage ailed off, his eyes locking with Aden's. "What the hell?"

Fuck, I cursed inwardly, jumping out of the bed.

"You slept with the kid?" Gage turned his gaze to me, his eyes accusing.

Blood rushed to Aden's cheeks. "N-not like that, man."

Gage ignored him. "Arianna?"

"You wanted him here last night," I pointed out, folding my arms over my chest tightly. "And you wanted me to get some sleep, too. We only have so many beds."

"There's a perfectly fine couch in the living room," Gage said gruffly.

"I wasn't about to make Aden sleep on that thing," I hissed, exasperated.

"You could've come into my bed..." Gage said, his demeanor softening.

"Gage..."

He shook his head, stopping me from continuing. "No, I get it," he told me sharply. "I'll see you later,Arianna. I'm going to headquarters so we can continue sorting shit out there. I'll be back later tonight. Be careful." And with that, he left.

"Fuck," I groaned, dropping back down onto the bed.

Aden shifted closer, cautiously reaching a hand out to touch my tangled hair. When I didn't move away, he proceeded to run his fingers through it soothingly. "I'm sorry, little vampire. I didn't mean to cause a fight," Aden murmured, his voice thick with sleep. He ducked down, pressing his lips to my forehead.

Out of instinct, I tilted my face back, catching his mouth with mine.

"It's not your fault, Aden," I told him reassuringly.

"Maybe it isn't," he agreed, "but I know I'm the reason that you and Gage have grown apart."

I rolled my eyes. "You're being ridiculous. Gage and I are still close," I half lied.

Aden shrugged, then snatched his clothes from the edge of the bed so he could put them back on. "I better get going if I'm gonna make it back home in time. Are you gonna come with?"

I shook my head slowly, and got to my feet. "No, I think I'll just stay here for awhile. I'll probably take a shower, and then head down to Paradise," I replied quietly.

"Don't overthink anything, little vampire," Aden warned, smiling sadly. "Don't let Gage get under your skin either, alright? He's in love with you, so he kind of has the right to worry." He inclined his head, touched his lips to my hair, and gave me a tight hug before leaving the room.