Saving Aden (20): We Found Love

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This is probably the last full chapter I'll be able to post for this story. ): BUT I will, for sure, have it completely finished by the end of the week! I mean, I just posted two chapters today alone. I'm on a roll. But, I'm going to have to end it here. Which, I guess isn't that bad... I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL STILL STICK WITH IT IF I WRITE THE "SEQUEL"! 

SAVING ADEN IS ENTERED IN THE WATTY AWARDS, SO IF YOU THINK IT'S GOOD, REMEMBER TO VOTE/COMMENT FOR THIS STORY! EVERY VOTE/READ/FAN/COMMENT COUNTS! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THOSE OF YOU WHO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS STORY. I LOVE YOU ALL.

Here ya go. Chapter twenty. (the last chapter to be posted in this book.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty (Epilogue) : We Found Love

Sunlight beat down on my face, waking me from a deep slumber. Aden groaned beside me, and rolled over to avoid the daylight.

I pulled at the T-shirt Aden had given me to wear last night, making sure the fabric hadn't stuck to my ribs. Luckily, the wound had stopped bleeding, and hadn't ruined his shirt.

Out of curiosity, I took out my phone and checked for messages. Seven from Gage, and one from Eddie. I opened Eddie's first.

How are you? You still seemed pretty out of it when I left you at Aden's last night

I answered his text, telling Eddie the bleeding had stopped and I felt well rested, before moving on to Gage's texts.

Did you make it to Aden's alright?

I didn't bother replying to his first text since there were so many more.

Where are you? Text me

There were about four more messages asking my whereabouts, and then one that really caught my attention.

I'm at hq right now. I think you should come down here asap. We've found something important

I glanced back over my shoulder at Aden; he was still fast asleep.

I'm at Aden's still. I'll bring him down there after he's given enough time to wake up. What'd you find?

Should I wake Aden up? I asked myself, turning to look at him again.

Vibrations shot through my arm from my phone, alerting me of a new text.

I'll tell you when you come down. Don't take too long tho

No promises there, I thought, locking my phone.

"Arianna?" Aden rolled over sleepily, and rubbed at his eyes. "Why are you awake?"

I brushed the hair out of his face with a small smile. "Well, for one, I don't need as much sleep as you. And secondly, it's almost noon."

"Shit, really?"

I nodded, holding in a laugh.

"Why'd you let me sleep so long?" he grumbled, sitting up in his bed.

"Are you kidding? I probably wouldn't have been able to wake you up, even if I wanted to. You sleep like the dead," I teased.

Aden grinned lazily, then pulled me closer so his lips could reach mine. "So, what's on the agenda for today, little vampire?" he asked. "Another car chase? Oh, maybe another vampire will try to kill me!" I smacked his arm lightly, rolling my eyes. "I'm fine with either, as long as you aren't staked again." Aden's fingers prodded my side until they reached the edge of the gauze that covered my wound.