The Man At The Cafe Isn't Who He Appears To Be

Nine-The Guy In The Café Isn’t Who He Appears To Be

“Nell, stop crying! Please? Your making me cry! I’m not going to be that long.” I sob into my sister’s shoulder. It breaks my heart that I have to leave her here. Alone. When I told you she’s like a teen, I wasn’t kidding. She cant really take care of herself. I really don’t want to leave her here. I’m gonna miss her, but then again she just might throw a party.

“I-I’m sorry. It’s j-just, I’m gonna m-miss you!” She cries while I wipe away her tears.

“Just don’t throw parties, okay?” I ask softly with a watery smile.

“I promise. I love you.” She hugs me again, and I wrap my arms around her tightly. This might be the last time I get to see her, because even the brothers said I might die. But she doesn’t need to know that.

“I love you too, Nellie.” I smile, and she giggles from the childhood nickname. I use to call her Nellie when we were little.

I detach my arms from her and wipe away my tears. Taking a deep breath, I turn around to the brothers. Their expressions are priceless; Mixed emotions of shock to see me crying, because I never cry, and pain, sorrow, heartbroken of taking me away from my sister. “Let’s go.”

Bart takes my bag from my shoulder and hoists it onto his. I follow them outside with my head down.

“See ya soon, Nora. I’ll look after your sister for you. I won‘t let her throw too many parties.” Burney winks. I smile at him. This is why I love my security guard; He doesn’t ask questions, it’s like he knows something bad happened.

“Thanks Burney. You’re the best.” I call before I’m out the door.

We all get into the car, me on Charles’s lap. Again. Cue the awkward silence.

“Nora?” Edward breaks the silence.

“Yeah, Edward?”

“Do you want some coffee?” Taken aback, I just stare at him. What did he just say? “Do you want some coffee?” He repeats, glancing at me.

“Um, sure? I guess so…” My eyebrows furrow when I trail off. Why does he want coffee? Clinton pulls into the café were I met Simon, the ‘normal’ guy I dated. We all take a seat in a booth nearby, and we order our coffee.

I just stare at every brother. They’re looking at everything except me…”We’re sorry!” They all blurt out at the same time, making me jump in surprise.

“W-what?”

Edward sighs. “We feel horrible for kinda kidnapping you. We made your sister cry.” He adds at the end, looking down at his coffee.

I chuckle. “Guys, it’s fine. My sister’s a big girl. She can handle herself. I’m just worried about her safety. I just don’t want her to get hurt if the cat gets outta the bag.”

“So, your worried about your sister and not yourself?” Charles asks, looking me in the eyes with amusement and impression.

I am worried about myself a little, but my sister is way more important. “My sister is the only family I have left. I am worried, but Nell is on the top of my things to worry about.”

Henry smiles. “That’s nice of you.”

I smirk. “I’m a nice person. Unless you piss me off.” Bart coughs on his coffee, and starts snorting laughter.

“Nora, you really are a piece of work.” Henry says, shaking his head but smirking.

I grin. “I was born this way baby.” Bart’s eyes light up and he starts singing Born This Way by Lady Gaga, making Charles huff.