Miss Independent Might Have Fallen In Love

Eighteen-Miss Independent Might Have Fallen In Love

“Your not going to die. I won’t let it happen.” Charles growls, hugging me closer to him, staring at his brothers intensely.

Clinton runs his fingers through his hair, sighing. “I don’t know what mom and dad are gonna do to you when they find out you’re here. Your sister too.” He does a nod over to my sister who has wide eyes with fright.

I growl, stepping out of Charles arms and over to my frighten sister. “Nobody knows she’s here. She can totally forget this ever happened. I’m not getting her into more trouble than she already is. Nobody messes with my family.”

Clinton sighs again, looking torn. “I don’t know Nora, it’s against the rules…”

“I don’t give a damn!” I throw my hands up. “She’s not dieing because of me. Let her go, and I’ll go through with this threat shit.”

Nell’s eyes get wider. “Nu-uh! I’m staying. Nora, I don’t care. Family is important to me too, you know! If you die, I just might kill myself.” My eyes widen. “I’m kidding! Gosh. But seriously, I’m not letting you get killed.”

I sigh. “I’m still going through with the threat. Drop me off at 2am. Sharp. Just like the letter.”

Charles’s eyes widen, along with everybody else’s. “No fucking way. Your staying here.”

I shake my head stubbornly. “No fucking way.” I mimic. “I’m going to Meadow’s Bridge! I don’t care if I die, I want my sister to live.” I point towards my sister who is now wrapped in Clinton’s arms. It would be cute if this wasn’t a death or death situation here.

“Nora, I agree with Charles. Your staying here.” Bart nods at his brother. Everybody else nods in agreement.

I groan. “Seriously? Then have your parents rip me to shreds for some unknown reason that you wont tell me? I’ll die either way, guys!”

“But if you go to Meadow’s Bridge Bones will get his invincibility, meaning we cant kill him or throw him in jail. And besides, maybe we can convince our parents to not kill you. We’ll protect you.” Henry retorts, making my words die in my mouth.

He’s right. I’d rather not let Bones get his way, otherwise he’ll probably kill each and every brother. “Oh.” Is my dumb reply, making Henry smirk in victory. Stupid vampire.

Charles again wraps his arms around me, getting me annoyed. “Stop doing that!” I hiss ducking out of his arms.

He frowns, looking hurt. “Why?”

“I’m not your girlfriend! You cant just keep doing that!”

“You might as well be.” He snorts. “You’re my-” Clinton nudges his elbow into Charles’s ribs, making him grunt and his mouth snap shut.

“I’m confused.” Nell pipes up quietly. “Is Nora going to die or not?”

Clinton sighs. “She’s not, unless our parents decide she has to, which I hope to God that wont happen. You too. Since Nora’s going you might as well too.”

“No! If they do choose to kill me, Nell has to die too! Just let her go back home! Please!” I beg, dramatically getting on my knees and kissing Clinton’s feet.

“Nora!” He hissed, with just a hint of amusement in it. “Fine. She can go.”

Nell’s eyes widen and she gasps. “Hell no! If some mother fucker wants to mess with my sister, I’m in the shit with her!”