Meet The Vampire Parents

Nineteen-Meet The Vampire Parents

“How’s my hair?”

“Good.”

“Shoes?”

“Good.”

“Makeup?”

“Good.”

“Outfit?”

“Tacky.” Bart grimaces, so I slap him on the head, scowling. Today, I’m suppose to ‘meet’ the brother’s parents. ‘Meet’ is just another way of saying your forced to otherwise you’ll get killed, so, I’m sticking with meet.

“What are your parents like?” I ask, crossing my legs and playing with my heel. I had to dress, and I quote, “Appropriately and nothing like your friggin skinny jeans.” so, I’m sitting in this purple strapped dress, that goes down to my feet and flows every time I take a step. I have a necklace and hoops in my ears too. My hair, now curled and in an up-do and my makeup is matching my gown. Nell had to wear the same thing, only her’s in red.

“My ma’s sweet, once she get’s to know you. My dad on the other hand, not so much. Tough as a brick. So be nice, sweet, and respectful. Not sarcastic, bitchy, and whiny.” I glare at him which makes him chuckle.

I look down at my dress, grimacing. “I hate this. I look so ugly.”

“You look the opposite of ugly.” Charles’s voice appears, making me jump. He’s wearing, like every other brother, a black suit. Not understanding why we have to dress like we’re going to a wedding though, so their parents must be important people.

I stick my tongue out childishly. “I hate dresses. And heels. And makeup that’s caked on my face.” I motion to all three that I’m wearing. I’d rather just wear some jeans and a t-shirt, with mascara and lip gloss. That’s really all I need.

“Let’s go!” Clinton growls from outside. I huff, picking up my prom dress and marching out towards his car. Again, only one.

“Clint, cant we just ride in two cars? I mean, where’s Nell gonna sit? And me?”

Clinton throws the keys to Edward, who catches them with ease. “Edward’s driving. Bart’s gonna sit up front with him, while you and Nell sit on my and Charles’s lap. And Henry’s a loner.”

“I heard that!” Henry grumbles from inside the car. Clinton and Nell get in first, then me and Charles. Edward starts the car and were off to God knows where.

“This seriously feels like I’m going to prom again.” I mutter when Charles’s grip on me pulls me closer to him. He has a problem with doing that, like he’s so protective over me.

Bart smirks. “Prom is fun. Wasn’t yours?”

I snort. “Mine was anything but fun. Ray left me for a slut and I ended up hanging out with the football team who danced to Thriller. They even made me dance with them.” I shudder at the memory. Never again.

Charles chuckles. “Why were you always hanging out with the football team?”

Nell rolls her eyes. “She’s a tomboy!” She says in a duh voice. “When I was busy shopping, Nora was always busy playing football with them. But I mean, who can blame her? She got the whole football team to her self. Mmm, I would give anything to do that.” She licks her lips, making me grimace.

“Nell! I didn’t like anybody on the team! They thought of me as a sister.” I cross my arms. “Sometimes.”

Nell snorts. “You were practically in love with Garret!” Charles’s tenses when she says that.