More Stronger Than We All Thought

Thirty Seven-More Stronger Than We All Thought

“Nora’s first!” Nell shrieks, pointing at me.

I glare at her. “What a nice sister I have.” She just shrugs in response.

Clinton nods. “Alright. All you have to do is jump over the hurdles, dodge the mud puddles, climb up the net and down, punch through the dummies, swing over on the monkey bars, jog through the tires, and cross the finishing lines.”

I stare at him dumbfounded. “I lost you at hurdles.”

He pats my back. “You’ll do fine.”

I gulp when everybody starts staring at me, and my eyes wander to the mess in front of me. This is a flaw to being a vampire.

“Get set…”

I stand my ground.

“Get ready…”

My eyes trained on the catastrophe in front of me.

“…Don’t go!”

I start to take off, but then skid to a stop and glare at a grinning Bart. “You do know now that I’m a vampire, I can grind you to a pulp?”

His whole face flashes fear. “Don’t hurt me!”

“That’s what I thought. Be a good boy and let me do my training.” I glare at him and he nods his head quickly.

I get back into position while Clinton nods. “Get set…get ready…go!”

Think fast, think fast, think-holy shit! Hurdle! I jump over it quickly, tumbling to the ground. My fast reflexes let me do a summer salt on the ground, and I quickly get back up.

That was awesome.

Jumping over some more hurdles and more summer salts, a new obstacle is in my way. There’s muddle puddles. I run to my left, dodging one of them, then another one on the right, then another one on the left.

“I hate mud.” I mutter as I run past another one, splashing some in the air. Coming up is the net, where I have to climb up then down to get across. Jumping high, I reach the highest I can go before starting to climb. I reach the top, glance down at the bottom, then shrug.

“Oh, what the hell.” I roll my eyes and then jump down, not even bothering with the net. I land on my knees, one hand out to balance myself. I dart up and continue on my track. Hoping over random things as big as cars, and then I tumble to the ground. I quickly roll myself, then jump up to continue.

Fake vampires spring at me, and I take into action. Using my memory from self defense class in high school, I put my two fists up, punching it’s face. To my surprise, the head get’s torn off, and I stare at it in shock before moving onto the next one.

I’m stronger than I realize.

I do a swift kick at the next one, making it go tumbling to the ground. Wasting no time, I attack the next one, letting it’s arms swing off, revealing the cotton. “I’m that strong?” I mutter in shock as I jog on.

The monkey bars are next, to test how long I can lift my weight up. I grab onto the first one. I wasn’t very good at this in high school, but to my shock, I can actually swing in ease. I continue on the long twisty monkey bars until I reach the end, jumping off. My arms don’t even hurt!

I dash up to the tires, quickly hopping through them all before reach for the finish line. I grin at my skills. “I did it! Oh yeah!” I start a victory dance, Bart joining in with me.