It Just Goes To Show You, Vampires Work Fast

Thirty Three-It Just Goes To Show You, Vampires Work Fast

“I can walk, Charles.”

“Does your head hurt?”

“No Charles.”

“What about your scrapes, you look like your in pain.”

“I’m not Charles.”

“Nora-”

“CHARLES I’M FINE!” I scream. I’m suppose to leave the hospital today, but at the rate we’re at, I might not even get out of here alive. The doctor let me go 30 minutes ago.

I’m still in my hospital room.

“Jesus, Charles. Give the girl some space!” Clinton snaps.

Charles grins sheepishly. “Sorry Nora. I just want to make sure your okay.”

“Charles, I’m a big girl. I’m pretty sure I can handle walking, breathing, and blinking on my own.”

Bart howls a laugh with Nell, and they slap hands. Henry rolls his eyes. “Come on. Let’s just go.” We finally get down to the parking lot, where there’s only one car.

“Oh my god.” I exclaim. “Are you serious? Again with this one car crap?”

Clinton smirks. “Come on. Just get in.”

“Why cant Edward just fly us there? This would be so much easier.” I mutter and sit on Charles’s lap.

Because, silly human, we’re not really suppose to use them, unless it’s an emergency.” Bart answers.

“Of course there’s a rule to using super powers.” I snap. “Would have never know that.”

Bart flicks the radio on and grins. “HELLA GOOD! I LOVE THIS SONG!”

Charles groans and rests his head on mine. “This kid is so annoying.” I giggle when Bart rolls down all the windows, blasting the radio and belting his heart out.

“YOU GOT ME FEELING HELLA GOOD SO LET’S JUST KEEP ON DANCING!”

I laugh harder when some guy on the highway sends him the middle finger. Even Charles laughs at that.

“WELL SOME OF US JUST WANT FREEDOM TO LISTEN TO OUR MUSIC! GOD!” Bart yells in a fake hurt tone, sniffling at the man who drove away. “Is that so much to ask?”

“Was your brother dropped when he was a baby?” I whisper ask to Charles.

“Too many times to count.” He sighs.

A grin makes its way onto my face and I look over at Bart.

Who is now taking pictures with my phone.

The grin drops. “Bart! How the hell did you get my phone?” I feel around in my back pocket for my phone. Gone. When did he do that?

“I want to take a picture of that man who gave me the middle finger.” He mutters. “I want to sue him.” He says matter of factly.

I choke down a laugh and snap the phone out of his hands. I look at my phone’s background, which is Charles and I kissing.

What?

Bart! Did you take a picture of Charles and I kissing?!”

“I also put it as your background.”

“I see that!”

I smack the phone to my forehead and close my eyes. “Someone needs to get this child help.”

“I’m older than you.” He points out.

“Yeah, but in human years, your only 16. Your not even at a legal age to sue someone.”

“But if I had a legal guardian that agrees with me I could.”

“Bart, if you weren’t a brick wall, I would smack you upside the head right now. Just want you to know that.”

“Well that’s good to know. YOU HOLD ME LIKE YOU SHOULD SO I’MMA KEEP ON DANCING!” He sings back to the song.

I turn to Charles who has amused eyes. “You two act like an old married couple. A very strangely odd old married couple, but an old married couple indeed.”

I raise an eyebrow. “Are you jealous of that too Charles?”

I thought he would get all mad and stuff, but no. “To tell you the truth, I am.”

“Of course you are.” I mutter and roll my eyes. We arrive at the house and we all pile out of the clown car. We all start heading towards the house, but once glace at it and I stop dead in my tracks.

“What happened?” I gasp, my eyes widening at the sight before me.

Edward shakes his head. “No clue.”

The house looks like it got hit by a tornado. Broken windows, things thrown everywhere, I don’t even want to see the inside.

“Lets go inside and see what happened.” Charles states firmly. We all nod, and enter the house, which looks ten times worse than the outside.

Clothes, books, furniture, and glass are thrown everywhere, which makes it look like it’s been abandoned for years. What happened? They all were here over night while I was in the hospital! The TV is smashed in, pots and pans everywhere in the kitchen, all the bedrooms trashed.

Except for mine.

There’s a note that sits on my bed, neatly in the middle. I gulp, pick it up, and read it out loud.

Give us Nora, or we wont be so nice next time.

That’s all it says.

I look back at the vampire brothers. “What if they do something worse to the house!? What if they light it on fire?”

Stupid Bones! I wish I could tear his head into millions of pieces and burn them.

“Nora, calm down. This is house isn’t really our real home, remember? We’re just living here because we have to. The next king thing?” Charles reminds me.

“Yeah, I know, but it’s still important. This is all my falt! I’m putting so much weight on your shoulders, every one of you.”

Charles shakes his head. “None of this is your falt. Stop blaming yourself. Blame Bones for all of this. It’s his falt.”

“And besides,” Henry butts in, “If he does do something worse than this, we can report him to our parents and they’ll finally have some proof that Bones actually did commit a crime. He actually already did by trying to kill us all and kidnapping you. He wouldn’t want to add more to his time already.”

Edward nods. “Henry’s right. We should report him to our parents now.”

“I’m already on it.” Clinton shakes his cell phone, calling his parents.

“See Nora? Nothing to worry about.” Charles comforts.

“But it still doesn’t stop him from trying to come after me.” Then I sigh. “They did this in what? An hour? You all were here sleeping while I was at the hospital. Then you came to pick me up and we were gone an hour.”

Bart shrugs. “Just goes to show you, vampires work fast. Very fast.”

I smirk. “Glad to hear you say that. You can clean all this up in an hour, since it took an hour to trash the place.”

They all groan. “I hate work!”

“Bunch of lazy asses.”