Not What You Would Have Expected (3)

Chapter 3

She was seated in the middle of Unnamed Gunman No.1 and Unnamed Gunman No.2. It was getting a bit uncomfortable because both had rather large bodies. Mr. Bull was fiddling with the radio buttons in the passenger seat. Husky was driving. At a breakneck speed. Usually she didn’t tolerate fast driving but under the circumstances, she had to keep her opinion to herself.

She could hear the police sirens. Why weren't they panicking? Her kidnappers were calmly looking forward while she was sweating about what would happen if they got caught. Would she be arrested? Would she have to go back to Aunt? Will these men do something dangerous? Would the car crash into a building? Will they die?

“So your name is Alexis Turner?” asked Unnamed Gunman No.2 conversationally.

She stared at him. How was she supposed to answer? She was handcuffed and gagged for god’s sake!!!

“And you own a teddy bear called Marshmallows,” he continued.

Mr. Bull snorted. Then he grabbed his head and groaned. "Gimme some aspirin somebody." In the end he had to search for some on the dashboard. And he freaking swallowed it without water!

Eww.

“Who names a teddy bear ‘marshmallows’?” he said, turning back from the passenger seat, leaning his head against the door. His eyes met hers and she kicked the back of his seat, glaring.

“Hey, Marshmallows is a cute name! I like her taste,” said Unnamed Gunman No.1. He stretched on the seat beside her and glanced at her. She gave him a grateful nod.

“Nate, why don’t we remove these masks? Its freaking hot here!” he whined. 

Husky looked over from the driving seat and ordered, "Wait until we are in the highway."

Husky’s name was Nate. Was it a shortened version of Nathaniel? Probably.

She sighed through her nose. What if she didn't like where they were taking her? Unless cooking for them was worse than working in her Aunt's hellhole, she would not try escape. She nodded to herself. Plus,she was curious about how they looked like.

The car took a bend and they were thrown to the left.

"What the hell NATE!!!" yelled all three together.

"Next time, the driving will be done by Adam," muttered Unnamed Gunman No.1, "No way in hell are you going to pull your status as team leader to drive the car."

"Fuck, my fucking head," groaned Mr. Bull from the front. She saw Husky roll his eyes in the rear view mirror. Then he took another swerve, throwing her onto Unnamed Gunman No. 1's lap.

He swore. "Now look at what you did Nate! You threw poor Alexis out of balance!!!"

"As if I care," returned Husky. She straightened herself and glared at him. He was such an jerk. Oh great, there was an idiot, now a jerk. 

Husky floored the accelerator. The car shot forward. They were in the highway. Cars started honking, making way to the car. She heard unflattering comments from drivers and looked at the speedometer terrified.

Hundred and fifty miles per hour!!! They were definitely going to crash any minute now!!

She closed her eyes, trying to get rid of the sick feeling in he stomach.

"I am going to remove this silly mask," announced Unnamed Gunman No.1. She peeked through her lashes. This she had to see, whether the car would crash or not.