My Red (12)

• Dedicated to Kavisha Amarasinghe

Ok here I am!! Or rather here is the story! I'm really sorry for very late upload...this one goes to Kavi, one of my friends :). She kept badgering me about the story until guilt made me sit down and strive to write. Sorry girl, I had a major writer's block. :P

Well...Comment! Vote!!

and above all ENJOY!!!!

This cute girl here is DANA!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Daisy

Chapter 12

She stared at the boy who was on the bike. He removed his black helmet and grinned at her. Then his grin faltered.

“Dana?” he whispered.

She stepped back. So she was right. It was him. Jared.

“Jared.”

“You two know each other?” asked Mia confused.

“NO!” Dana cried when Jared said, “Yes.”

Mia looked at her weirdly.“I meant I didn’t...I mean, I know…I...uh...” she mumbled.

“She means that she knew me from earlier,” said Jared helpfully.

“Earlier?”

“Forget it!” said Dana, jumping into the middle. “I just knew him from my childhood, that’s all” she said, calmly.

“Okay…” said Mia but she could see that the girl wasn’t convinced.She looked at Jared warningly. He nodded once. She knew he would keep quiet, at least until they were alone.

“Now why did you call us?” he asked turning to Mia.

“We are going to the police.”

Dana’s eyes widened. Police? What for? For a second she wondered, and then realized what Mia was trying to do.

“What for?” Jared asked alarmed.

“We are going to get Alex back,” she said.

“Okay…but how? I mean, isn’t her family doing anything?” he asked.

“Seems like they are not.”

“But--”

“We need more people,” stated Dana. If they were more people, they could get a greater effect from the police. As her friends, they had a right to ask for a search, if her family was not doing anything.

Mia nodded and said simply, “They are coming.”

Oh. The gang.Dana swallowed her throat rather dry.Jeez, Dana! She scolded herself. Now was not the time for nerves. She saw Jared look at her concerned. So he still remembered her fear of crowds.

So much for an ex-best friend.

She chose to glare at him. At least he was distracting her from the fear to cripple her.Mia was talking on the phone, her words fast and cutting. She looked like a colonel, directing an army. Slowly, the pavement at the side of The Hotspot was filling with people. Different types of people. Blacks, whites, Hispanics. There was the jock-type, the cheer-leader type, the delinquent type. But there was no nerd type.

Maybe her lot avoided these people. She would have done that herself. Even now, her instincts were telling herself to run away. She scanned the teens on front of her. They all had one thing in common. Each other. Every one knew each other. They were all friends. Some were looking serious, the others had the devil-may-care attitude.