Idiot! (9)

Presented at the right is...................... NATE! <3

*heart stutters*

Chapter 9

What was I thinking??? He grabbed fistfuls of his hair and pulled hard. Why did he lose control? Why did he have to go and touch her? Stupid hands having a mind of their own.

Nate punched the wall. Idiot! Now you’ll keep fantasizing of touching the poor girl again. He frowned at his stinging knuckles. She doesn’t deserve someone like you. No one deserves someone like me, he told himself.

He inhaled his cigarette angrily and almost chocked. He glared at it. “Are you betraying me too?”

Then he remembered the laundry. Quickly he collected the clothes strewn around his room and peeked out of the door.

She was still there, leaning on the wall, her hand to her cheek. He closed the door again. What was wrong with her? She looked as if she saw a ghost or something. He peeped through the space between the door frame and door hinges. Yeah, that tiny space. She wasn’t there.

Good.

He stepped out and dropped the clothes into the laundry basket and hastily beat a retreat to his room. He sat down at his desk and thought.

Not about Alexis. Not about Ash, who would have been listening through his door. Not about his poor laundry. He was thinking about what he was supposed to be planning. A plan. Obviously. He took out the information they had received from the headquarters.

It was about a man called David Brackman. He was a billionaire and he had a chain of clothing stores called “Emma’s Wardrobe” all over the country. He also had a charity foundation for homeless kids. He was known to all as a kind-hearted man, the father of two sons and a daughter, happily divorced twice. He helped hospitals by donating large amounts of money and was generally a good citizen in the Prime Minister’s words.

But something was wrong in the picture. People from their organization had investigated and found that the number of children in their orphanages was decreasing. If there were hundred children at the beginning of the year, by the end, there 10 percent was missing. And the records do not match to the records of the number of children adopted during the year. It was their team’s job to find out what was going on and to stop it.

So far, the first goal of “DISTRACTION” was completed successfully. They had gone to one of the “Emma’s Wardrobe” branches and robbed it. They also managed to kidnap a girl, due to their luck (or unluckiness, he didn’t know). This was keeping the police and the people responsible of the clothing branches distracted by searching for the ‘robbers’. It was also keeping the Big Boss, their code name for David Brackman, busy.

So during this time, they had to get into one of those orphanages and investigate thoroughly. Now how were they going to do that? He had to have a meeting with the others.

Then he heard the sound of someone’s footsteps outside his door. He heard them lift the laundry basket and hurry back downstairs.

Dammit. He had thought that being busy with work would have distracted him from her, but he was wrong.

Urgh.

Hours later he went downstairs froa bite. The sky was darkening. He stepped into the living room wondering where everyone was to be greeted with an “OUT!!!!”

He peeped in to the living room and saw that every piece of furniture was pushed to the wall. His sweet housekeeper had a cloth over her nose and was busily vacuuming the carpet. The whole area smelled of, he sniffed the air, baking soda?