The Beginning.

*Fionna's POV

As I neared the house I could hear Cake talking on the phone. I looked back at Marshal who just had that grin on his face.

"Go on, open it."

"Why did we have to go adventuring this late at night when you know Cake is gonna kill me?"

"Fine I'll just fly you through the window." He then picked me up at my waist. I looked up at him during this time and he had this grin on his face. It wasn't his regular devilish grin, this one seemed... Nicer.

I slowly opened the window and got into my room barley making a sound. Marshal gave me a slight wave then left. Something made me feel different around him lately... I shrugged it off and changed into my red one piece p.js and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning and heard Cake in the kitchen. I put on my regular attire and went down to her

"There you are baby! Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah I slept fine" I sat at the table and started day dreaming of me and Marshal... "No no no no no no no NO! Marshal is a bro and that's it!" I thought to myself

"So Fionna what do you want to do today?" Cake asked

"Oh uhm h-" I was cut off my a knock at the door 

"I'll get it" I yelled. I opened the door to see Marshal.

"Oh hey Marsh. What's up?"

"Nothing I just came to see if you wanted to go adventuring."

I looked at Cake. "Can I?"

Cake looked at me and sighed, "Okay..."

"Thanks Cake!" I said on my way out the door

On our way to where ever we were going me and Marshal started talking about Gumball's Gumball ball.

"So what'd you do at Gumbutt's ball?"

I snickered at the name. I know that Gumball is my friend in all but it was still funny. "Well it was really weird actually. So a few hours earlier he asked me to go with him as his girlfriend." 

Marshals eyes widen a bit.

*Marshals POV*

My eyes widen as she says that he asked her to be his girlfriend. Trying to hold back the anger in my voice I say, "Then?"

"Then Cake makes me wear this dress and bring a purse. So when we get there he sees me and gets excited and takes me to his bedroom."

My eyes get wider and more anger fills me

"Then I look around and there's rose petals leading to the bed with candles lit around it and then he starts taking his shirt of..." 

That was all I heard before I floated away as fast as I could to the candy kingdom. As soon as I got there I found Gumbutt and punched him across the face.

"Ow! What was that about?!"

I had a sudden realisation of what I'd done. Why was I so upset? Fionna wasn't my girlfriend. I quickly went back to Fionna who looked confused and a little upset.

"Where'd you go? I was about to tell you that it turned ot to be the ice queen who'd frozen Gumball and was disguised as him. But it's okay 'cause I totally kicked her butt!"

I wanted to face palm  myself so badly 

"It was a pretty crazy night. Oh yeah and that reminds me we have to run to Gumball's because he asked me to come over today."