Part Two-The Ring

The Soldier watched as the shoved the woman with the blonde hair into the chair that he had been in so many times. He was the one who had pulled her out of the ocean after the Mandarin had bombed the Stark mansion. He was told to bring her back to base so he did. From what Pierce had said, her name was Clara Stark. He had heard that last name somewhere before, but he did not know where. The blonde woman was shouting and screaming until they shoved the mouth guard into her mouth. She was shoved all the way back into the chair, metal closing over her arms to hold her against the chair.

The Solider grimaced as the metal plates were moved onto her face and pressed against her skin. And when her screams started, he wished he could turn away, but he just couldn't. His eyes were fixed on the blonde as her screams filled the air. When he had pulled her out, she was very close to death and sadly for the her, HYDRA was able to revive her. The Soldier knew she would have had a much better fate if she would have just died instead of being saved, but the odds just were not in her favor. As the Soldier watched, between the screams he could hear two of doctors talk about the blonde girl in the chair.

"She was pregnant, you know." One of them whispered to another. "Just a few weeks along."

"And it was his kid? The Captain's?" The other one asked. The Soldier glanced at the men out of the corner of his eye. The other man shrugged.

"Who else would it be? It was definitely his kid." He told the other, who just shook his head. The blonde woman's screams got louder and louder. The blue eye that the Soldier could see it was wide open and tears were streaming out of it.

-

Steve was an emotional wreck and he had a very good reason to be. His girlfriend, Clara Juliette Stark, was dead. And this time, there was no way she would be coming back. Clara, along her brother, was first pronounced dead on the same day she went to help out Tony, but when Tony popped up alive, it gave Steve and others a glimmer of hope that the younger Stark was also alive. Sadly, that was not the case. Clara was officially pronounced dead on Christmas Day and Steve was the first to know. He never took down the decorations she put up.

Tony wasn't much better. He felt so guilty about it because if he hadn't asked her to come to Malibu, his little sister would still be alive. Everytime he shut his eyes, he saw her falling. Tony was the last thing she saw before she died. He couldn't live without his sister. Clara brought out the good out of him more than Pepper did. He'd do anything for her and she would do anything for him and now he had lost her.

Clara's funeral was held on January 8, 2013. Tony, Steve, Pepper, Rhodey, Natasha, Clint, Bruce, Fury, Hill, various other superheroes, SHIELD agents, and others attended the burial. They all knew Clara's body wasn't in the casket because they never found her body, but no one talked about it. One by one, they all placed a white rose on the casket and they all watched as the empty casket covered in roses was lowered into the ground. It was official. Clara Stark was dead.

Steve, a month later, was asked by Fury to go to Washington DC. Steve agreed and finally took down the Christmas decorations. He packed away the blue velvet jewelry box with Clara's present still nestled inside, deciding to take it with him to DC. Before he left, he made a visit to her grave, like he always did, but this was going to be the last time for a while and he decided to take the blue velvet box with him. Steve quickly found his girlfriend's grave and sat infront her headstone, his fingers reaching out to trace her name that was written in a silver color.

"I'm going to be leaving for a while, Clara." He told her, pulling his hand away from the cold stone. "I'm going to Washington DC, so I won't be coming here as often." He pulled out the box, holding it in his hand. Steve let out a shakily breath

"I was going to ask you on Christmas Day. I had everything planned and ready for you, but then-then I got the call." His voice broke as he opened the box. The ring was simple. A gold band with diamond in the middle. "Natasha helped me pick it out. We both thought you would love it. I'd hope you would say yes, that's all my mind was focused on, because I thought you were going to come back to me. God, Clara, I miss you so much. I love you."

-
-
SORRY THAT IT'S IS VERY JUMBLED UP.