Addicting

November

I sat up in bed, covered in sweat and panting. I gripped the pale blue sheets in my hand as I looked around my dark room. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I backed against the headboard, pulling my knees into my chest. I leaned my head against my knees as I held myself.

"Miss Stark, are you alright? Shall I alert your brother?" Jarvis asked me softly as the lights came on. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling.

"It was just a nightmare, J. And he's on vacation with Pepper, we shouldn't worry them both even more about me." I tell the AI. They needed a break from me.

"Very well." He responded and I let out a shaky breath. This was how I have been waking up for almost three months. I haven't had a full night of sleep since my stay in the hospital, before my breakup with Steve. I hated how much it has affected me. None of my previous breakups had have such a hold on me. It made me weak and I, being a Stark, hated being weak.

Knowing that I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep, I slipped out of bed. My feet made no noise as I walked out of my room, my arms still wrapped around myself. As I walked, the lights in the house turned on. It was eerily quiet, since I was the only one in the house. I walked to the living room and sat down infront of the huge window wall.

One fucking argument had torn us apart. Granted, he did say some fucked up shit, but it's not like I didn't say anything back. We were both guilty. I looked out and watched the ocean through the window, biting my lip. We had so many good times and being with him was just so addicting, but that wasn't so bad. He was a good influence on me. And I missed how he held me when I would sleep at his apartment or how when he would sleep at the tower. I missed how he would sneak kisses to me when we were in public. Or how he would hold my hand and rub shapes into my skin to calm me. I missed him. I'd tried to see if I could get over him by sleeping with a few exes and even Johnny Storm, but I felt nothing for them. They weren't Steve.

"Fucking hell." I muttered under my breath. Was I actually regretting breaking up with Steve? Shit. I was regretting breaking up Steve. God fucking dammit.
I groaned and put my head in my hands. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Fucking hell. I really, truly did miss him. I maybe shouldn't have broken up with him like that. We should've talked about it, not fight like children. We were idiots.

I knew what I had to do.

"Jarvis, have Happy get the jet ready." I ordered, getting up and walking back to my room. My heart was beating fast in my chest as I started to run to my room.

"Where to, Miss?" He asked as I smiled softly.

"New York City."

-

Steve poured himself a steaming cup of coffee, looking out his window. It was raining pretty hard outside and created a constant patter against his windows. He rubbed the sleepiness from a restless night of nightmare filled sleep from his eyes. They had all come back since the breakup and he hadn't been getting any sleep. Not since the breakup three months ago. And Tasha was still pissed at him because Clara wasn't answering her or Clint's calls because of him. He had really fucked up. Steve really lov-liked Clara. She was so much different than any other girl he had met and now she was gone. All because of he opened his mouth instead of thinking about he was going to say. He was an idiot. An idiot that missed Clara Stark.

He sighed and picked up his mug of coffee and walked sat down at his table. Infront of him was a sketchbook open to a drawing of Clara smiling. He smiled sadly at the drawing. He had drew it when he had gotten up this morning and it wasn't bad. Steve was just about to pick up his pencil again when there was a knock on his door.

"Who's here at this hour?" He murmured to himself as he got up. The Captain walked over to the door, unlocked it, and opened it. Standing infront of him was someone he never thought he was going to see again.

Clara stood infront of him, her clothes and hair were soaked and sticking to her body. Even though she had been out in the rain, she looked as beautiful as ever.

"Steve," She breathed, her eyes looking up at him. His eyes were wide when he stared down at her. Before he could say anything, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him hard. He didn't care that she was wet and pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her waist. Her hands moved into his hair, gripping it as he kissed her back. Clara pulled away, resting her forehead against his.

"I'm sorry." He murmured to her as they stood pressed against each other.

"I'm sorry too." She murmured back, leaning in to peck his lips again. His large hand caressed her cheek as he kissed back.

"I shouldn't have said the things I said. They were out of line." His blue eyes looked into hers as he spoke softly to her. "Way out of line. I should've just talked to you."

"I should have tried to talk to you...and not throw a vase of flowers at your head." Clara smiles as she plays with his hair, her heart beating fast. He chuckled softlty.

"I deserved it. I was being a..."

"An ass?" She offered and he nodded. "Well I was being one too." Clara kissed him again, happy to be in his arms again and Steve was happy to have her in his arms. She was addicting.

A/N: OH GOD I'M SORRY IT'S BAD. I REALLY WANTED THEM BACK TOGETHER. I'M SORRY IT SUCKS.