Red Roses

My mind was a mess.

A horrible, frightening mess that kept me up at night. Everytime I shut my eyes, I am in that leather suit and mask, taking life after life. So, because of that, I don't sleep. I stay up and hold onto the rails of the bed.  Bruce had removed my restraints a few days after Charles had me take control again, but I didn't dare move my hands when there was other people in the room. I barely ate at all. This was the first time on over an year I've had control of my mind, but now my mind was fucked up. Completely and utterly fucked up.

To my right, there's a table covered in flowers and cards. The peonies, I learned from getting up and reading the card attached to the flowers, were from Bruce Wayne. I haven't spoken to him in a while, but I'm surprised he knew what my favorite flowers are (Alfred probably remembered and sent the flowers). The sunflowers were from Trish Walker and Jessica, but I know that Trish just added Jess's name. There was a teddy bear that came from Matt and Foggy. Wade had sent a stuffed pink unicorn. Cat Grant sent white calla lilies (I'm sure her assistant Kara sent them). The Winchesters didn't send a thing, but they weren't the type to send something. And then there the large bouquet of vibrant red roses. Those were from Steve.

Steve.

"He misses you, y'know." Tony says and I look at my brother. He stands in the doorway to my room, a pack of Marlboros in his hand. He walks further into the room, shutting the door behind him. He pulls the lighter out of his pocket.

"I can't see him yet, Tones. Y'know that." I respond, taking the cigarette he is holds out. I put the stick inbetween my lips as he lights it, shaking his head.

"But you can smoke? You got your priorities out straight." I tilt my head back and let the smoke out of my mouth. I looked back the flowers. My eyes fell upon the roses more. "Just talk to him, God damn it. He's acting like a kicked puppy."

"I was pregnant and I didn't tell him, Anthony." Another drag from the cigarette and I turned my head to look at him. "You want to know what was on the first things they did? They opened me up, killed the kid and sterilized me." Another drag, "If it helps, they told me the kid was dead before I fell into the ocean."

"Clara..."

"I am barely emotionally stable enough to talk to you. Jesus Christ, Tony do you know  what they did to me in there?" Breath in and exhale, the smoke escaping from my mouth, "The training, the brainwashing...the rape...my mind is in ruins right now, Anthony. I am not fucking ready to talk to Steve. I can barely fucking control her. I don't want her to fucking take over and have her kill Steve." I growl, glaring at my older brother. He's staring at his hands in his lap.

"I should've never called you for your help." Tony says softly, looking up at me, "I-I thought you died and it was all my fault. I watched you fall. I thought I watched you die. We couldn't find your body so I had to bury an empty coffin. Put you right next to Mom and Dad." Tears were rolling down his cheeks.

"Parts of me wish I had died when I fell into the ocean, but this wasn't your fault, Tony. If I can remember correctly, I told you I was coming and you couldn't do anything about it." I put out my cigarette, looking at my crying older brother. His watery brown eyes are staring into my blue ones, his hand resting on mine. I hold his hand.

"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?" He asks and a sad smile appears on my face.

"You would've killed Steve."

"I would've had every right to. He knocked up my little sister." Tony smiled at her for the first time toady and for the first time in over a year, I smiled back.