Familiar Face

Within a week, I  was back to normal, making snarky remarks, kissing Steve Rogers, and helping Tony aswell as Bruce in the lab. Tonight it was date night for Steve and I, which meant getting some street food and walking around New York.

We were walking down the side walk, eating hot dogs and talking. I was leaning against him, a grin on my face as he wrapped an arm around me. We both heard a large crash in dark alley way, stupidly we walked into the alley.

"Hello?"I asked. Five men popped out, each one surronded Steve and I.

"Hand over your cash, girly."One of the men says. I smirk and I put my hands up.

"Come and get it boys."I purr and they step forward. I kick one of them and he flies into the wall. Steve punches another one as I use grab a guy and throw him to the floor.

"I would stop that, Ms. Stark. I'm back, Clara. "The voice is too familar. He grabs me, pressing a gun to my temple. He wraps an arm around my waist and holds me to him. I struggle against him and Steve looks at me.

"Hey! Let her go!"He says sternly and the guys presses the gun harder against my head. The man's sick turned red and burned me. I cried out a bit.

"Oh Captain Rogers, I'd stay away from her." The man tells Steve. I use my powers against his, I stomp on his foot, shoving him against the wall. I grab his head, slamming it against the wall. "You know that ain't going to hurt me, sugar."He says with a grin.

I grab Steve's hand and we run away from the alley. My heart was beating so loud I was sure Steve could hear it. We didn't stop until we reached Steve's apartment (which was closer than Stark Towers). We quickly got inside and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Did you know him?"Steve asks and I nod. I was shaking, too scarred too move. "Hey, hey its okay. I won't let anyone hurt you." His words are comforting and I rest my head on his chest. He kissed my forehead and rubbed my back soothingly.

"Steve, can I stay here? For the night?"I ask, my voice soft. He nods and hugs me tighter.

"If you want to."Steve says and I nod. He looked at the clock and saw it was past ten. He went to take a shower in his bedroom and gave me a large t-shirt of his as well as some shorts. I went to shower in the guest bathroom, cleaning my body of the blood that got on me during the fight. Once I was finished, I walked to Steve's room.

The Captain was laying on his bed, reading a book and he looked up at me as I entered the room. He smiled up at me and I blushed, noticing how his muscles were straining against white tank top. I got under the covers of his bed, snugging uo next to him. He wrapped an arm around me, pulling me even closer.

"Who is he? If you don't mind me asking?"Steve asks. I tense up a bit.

"He served with me."I say, my voice distant as memories filled up my thought.

"You served?"He asks, his voice quiet. I nodded.

"When I was eighteen, I went in. I already went to college, but I didn't like the Stark lifestyle. Tony begged me not to go, but I did anyway. I spent two years over there and the only soldier I would talk was Jace Lee. We were close, really close."I say, biting my lip.

"Then one day, he sort of flipped. Started being an ass towards everyone. A few weeks later, he dragged me out of my bed and took me to this abandoned town...he tortured me for days, burning my skin with his powers which her scarily similar to mine and stabbing me."I sit up, turning around and lifting up the shirt I am wearing, showing him multiple scars that now have a sliver gleam to them. "I ran away from him...more like he let me, but he told me that he would find me and now he has."

By now I had tears down my face. I turned back around, somewhat ashamed that I tore down the walls for him. He pulled me into his arms, kissing my forehead as he held me close.

"I won't let him get you."He murmurs againsts my skin. For some reason, I believed him and nodded. I yawned softly and he swtiched off his light, plunging the room into darkness.

"Goodnight, Steve."I say softly, snuggling into his chest.

"Goodnight, Clara."He responds and shuts his eyes. I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep, finally dreaming instead of having a nightmare.