Chapter Thirteen

Shayna's POV~

We started to worry after about an hour.

"How long could it possibly take to get food?" Scarlet asked no one in paticular, beginning to pace the cave up and down. Her forehead was creased and she kept running her hands through her blonde hair, making it quite clear she was more than a little worried about her boyfriend.

"It's not as easy as one would think," Danny answered. He was sitting against a cave wall next to me, sharping a stick using a knife to make it sort of a dagger-like weapon. "Monkey's get a lot of the fruit, especially after a storm. They may have had to walk pretty far to find some."

"Well they need to hurry up," Miranda huffed. She was sitting up on the table, looking much better than before but still a little bit pale and watching as Scarlet paced.

"You girls really need to calm down," Danny answered, and he chuckled lightly under his breathe. "I'm sure your precious boyfriend are fine." Both Scarlet and Miranda glared at him.

Scarlet opened her mouth, most likely to tell Danny to shut up, but she was cut off as Niall entered the cave, grinning and carrying dragonfruit in both of his hands. "Hiyah!"

"Niall," Scarlet breathed out in relief, and hugged her boyfriend tightly just as Liam entered the cave and walked over to the table where Miranda waited with open arms. "What took you guys so long-"

But her question was answered as three more people entered the room. One with short blonde hair and pretty blue eyes, one with messy brown hair and a devious smile, and the last...

"Shayna," he whispered.

Before I could even get to my feet I was suddenly in his arms. I don't even remember standing up, all I know is that one second I was sitting on the cold cave ground and the next I was being held tightly by the boy that I love. We stood there, shaking with silent, held back sobs as we embraced, and I think that we only let go so that we could see each others faces, to make sure it was really us.

His brown eyes studied me, roaming up and down my body as if to make sure I really was okay, and when they discovered that I was perfectly healthy his lips met my own, attacking them fiercly, and a burning fire began to spread through my veins.

"Are you okay?" he whispered in my ear.

I smiled. "Now I am."

Liam's POV~

I had to admit, now that Miranda was awake and we'd found Kenzie, Louis, Shayna, and Zayn, my mood had risen a lot. Most of us were together. Except for Dezi and Harry. No one really said anything about it, I think that we were all afraid to, but the thought of the two of them kind of hung in the air, until finnaly Scarlet broke the silence and said what we were all thinking. 

"Did anybody else see Dezi...floating there? Right after the plane crashed?"

Silence. And then, Niall answered, "I did. But I also could have sworn that I saw Harry swimming over to get to her..."

"But what if Harry didn't get to her in time, or what if he did but he didn't have the strenghth to get both of them to shore and-" Miranda couldn't finish her sentence. 

"Who's Dezi and Harry?" Danny asked. 

All heads turned to him sharply. "I told you there were ten of us, remember?" Shayna said quietly. "How many do you count?"

"Eight. So Dezi and Harry are the last two? I hate to break it to ya'll, but if what you said is true, Dezi was unconsious and this Harry boy was trying to save her, they're probably long gone."

Niall was suddenly about an inch away from Danny's face, snarling angrily. "Don't fucking say that, you idiot. We're thankful that you took care of Shayna, but you have no right to say that. They're not dead. Harry is not dead."

"Neither is Dezi," Miranda added, hugging herself tightly. "I'm sure that they're off somewhere together, making out and having fun on the island-"

"Or Dezi died out there and Harry's alone, overcome with greif," Louis said, very, very quietly but loud enough that all of could hear.

So, after that my happy mood kind of deflated.

We spent the night huddled up in pairs. Zayn's mood had risen a noticable lot now that he knew Shayna was safe, and after their reunion they were inseperbable, holding hands as they slept in the left corner of the cave.

"Tomorrow, Liam," Miranda whispered in my ear, "Tomorrow we're finding Harry and Dezi."