Chapter Three

Niall's POV~

"Scarlet?" I looked down at the blond girl lying on the sand in front of me. "Are you going to be okay?"

She kept coughing, throwing up some seaweed. "I'm fine." she mumbled.

I rubbed her back in circles, trying to make her feel better. "well, to make you feel any better, we made it to the island."

"we did?" she looked up at me, her blue eyes wide. 

I nodded at her and helped her sit up. "where;s everyone else?" she asked, innocently.

I shrugged. "they should be around here somewhere, I'm sure."

"W-what if they're not?" she whispered, he voice trembling. "what if they didn't make it? What if we're the only ones that survived!" she started breathing heavily and there were tears in her eyes.

I lifted her chin and kissed her lips softly, trying my best to calm her down. "They're alive okay? We're going to go find them.. and we're all going to be together again and happy and nothing's going to happen to us. We're going to be rescued and we're going to have the times of our lives." She was about to say something but I put my finger on her lips before she could. "Believe me, okay? Every little thing, is going to be alright." I smiled at the line I just used and Scarlet let out a little laugh. I loved hearing her laugh.

I pulled her up and we started walking along the shore. 

"Hey look at that!"  Scarlet pointed to something shiny in the distance.

We both ran to it. It was a big metal piece from the broken jet.

And Liam and Miranda were holding on to it for their lives.

Scarlet and I glanced at each other and quickly grabbed their arms and helped them out of the water.  We dragged them all the up onto the island and layed them down.

Scarlet gasped when she saw Miranda's hand. I turned Liam's hand over and what I saw wasn't pretty.

They were holding onto the metal piece so hard that it scratched their hands all up. There was deep, long cuts along their palms and it was still bleeding.

"Scarlet go get some leaves so we can bandage them." she nodded and ran off to a nearby tree.

She came back two minutes later, her arms full of long leaves. "These must've fallen off the tree. They were all over the ground." she explained.

I nodded and took one leaf and took Miranda's right hand, which seemed to be the worst.

I wrapped the leaf around her hand and told Scarlet to twist up the smaller, dried up leaves so we could use that as rope or something. After wrapping her arm, and tying the access, I took the little twisted rope thing and tied it around the wrap to make sure it stayed.

I did the same for Liam's hands and Miranda's left one. It wasn't the best thing, but at least the leaves would stop the bleeding.

Now all we had to do was wake them up.

"Do you know how to do CPR?" Scarlet asked me and I shook my head. I never thought I'd need it.

"It's a good thing I do, then." she half smiled.

"While you try to wake them up," I told her. "I'm going to look for food, and maybe the others."

She nodded and I got up from where I was sitting and walked towards the clutter of trees and greenery in the distance.

I knew that we had  a little cabin on the island where we were supposed to stay, but I wasn't sure where that was. I ddin't even know what side of the island I was on!

I found some bananas and some dragon fruit. But that was it. I don't know what we would do for water, since we can't drink ocean water. This was all I had right now.

I walked back to where we settled and saw that Scarlet had managed to get them up as they were now coughing violently into the ocean. 

I dropped the fruits in front of her before spinning on my heel again. "It's probably going to get cold during the night, so I better go get some fire wood."

"Do you need any help?" Liam offered, after finishing his coughing fit. I turned around to see him.

I waved my hand, showing it was no big deal. "It's okay, Liam. You rest up. I'll be fine."

Liam didn't look sure but smiled anyways. "Thanks, Niall."

I smiled back. "It's no problem."

I walked back into the green forestry and looked on the ground for any branches that had fallen. I picked up the ones that had, and broke off some branches.

I brought them back to where we settled. They were all eating, and I felt my stomach rumbling violently. I was really hungry.

I sat at the edge of our circle or whatever and began rubbing two sticks together, trying to start a simple fire.

"Niall, you should eat." Miranda said.

I shook my head. "I'm fine, you guys eat, I'm going to start a fire."

Liam looked worriedly at me. "Niall, take a break and eat. i know you're hungry. You already did so much. "

"Really, it's okay. Don't be worried about me. I didn't do anything."

"Niall, Liam's right, you did so much. As soon as you woke up you were worried about me, and then we found them. You didn't even rest once!" Scarlet spoke.

"I said I'm fine, just eat. I'll be okay." I said, a little irritated now.

"I'm not going to sit here and watch my best mate starve to death!" Liam exclaimed. "Let me start the fire."

Liam tried to come over and get the sticks, but I got up and took a step back. "Then you don't have to watch." I said then turned around and started walking away.

"Niall? Where are you going?"

I didn't answer, I just kept walking away. When I felt that I was far enough, I collapsed onto the sand.

I wasn't okay. I was scared. Even more than I had been when we were trapped in the mall last year. Then, we knew someone was going to eventually save us. We kept in touch with Paul. We had beds, and real food. 

Now, no one knew where we were. We were lost. No one knew this island even existed!

Tears started coming out of my eyes, and I threw the two sticks into the ocean. I couldn't do anything right. I couldn't even make a stupid fire!

When we were trapped in that mall, I didn't do anything to help. I was scared, and I was treated like a child. I'm tired of Liam treating me like a child. Like I can't do anything!

I buried my face in my arms and my arms were wrapped around my knees. I cried, but I didn't make a noise. My stomach made noises o hunger but I ignored it. I didn't want to eat. I wanted to be rescued. I wanted to find the others. I wanted to not be afraid. But, unfortunately, I was.

To keep my mind of how scared I was, I tried to pre-occupy myself by getting food, and then getting wood, and then trying to start a fire. But Scarlet, and Liam, and Miranda kept reminding me that I was vulnerable. That I should eat, I should rest, But I didn't want to. I wanted to help for once.

I lied back onto the soft sand, my tears all dried up by now. I should go back. But I didn't want to. I was tired.

My eyes closed and I fell into a dreamless sleep.