Chapter Eigth

Dezi's POV~

When the storm started I lost all hope.

Harry and I were cuddled on a couch together with a nice fire and hot chocolate, while all our friends were eigther out there freezing to death or worse already dead.

"I can't help but think-" I started to say, but Harry cut me off.

"I know," he whispered in my ear. "I know."

Suddenly, the door flew open and three bodies collasped onto our floor.

"Harry!" I screamed, jumping out of his arms from the couch and rushing over to the bodies. Harry stood with me, right behind my heels. I flipped the smallest body over and bursted into tears when I saw Kenzie's face. She blinked up at me, her blue eyes wet. "Hey Dezi," she said, smiling.

"Hi Kenz." I chocked out. I helped her up and put her on the couch while Harry started the process of getting Zayn and Louis to the cough as well. Once that was done, the reunion started, which consisted of a lot of tears and hugs.

"Where were you guys?" Harry asked. I was sitting on his lap on the floor, letting Zayn have the recliner and Louis and Kenzie share the couch.

"We washed onto the shore," Louis said. "We thought that you guys were dead. Are the others here too?"

I shook my head sadly. "No. We were hoping that all of you were together."

Zayn let out a chocking sound from the chair that I pretended not to hear.

"No," Kenzie said, glancing over at Zayn. "It's just us."

Liam's POV~

I wrapped my arms tighter around Miranda's body, hoping to keep her warmer than I was myself. We were sitting down under a tree in the middle of the jungle, but it didn't protect us much from the rain. Niall and Scarlet were next to us, huddled together.

"W-W-W-We r-r-r-really n-need to f-f-find some sh-sh-shelter," Niall chattered.

"I-I kn-o-o-ow," I answered, hugging Miranda closer.

"We're going to d-d-ie out he-here," she said next to me, and I whispered in her ear, "No baby. I won't let that happen."

"I don't think that it's something that you can control, Liam." Her beautiful eyes started to flutter and I shook her.

"You can't do sleep right now, Miranda."

"Why not Liam?"

I didn't want to tell her that if she did, I was afraid that she wouldn't ever wake up. It was so cold, that I just wasn't sure if-

"Just because. Just try to stay awake."

"But Liam, I'm so tired. And freezing."

"I know baby. Just try."

Her eyes dropped again. "I don't think I can."

"Miranda you gotta-"

But her eyes were closed now, and when I shook her this time she didn't wake up.