thirty one

(good song to listen to while reading- Princess of China by Coldplay feat. Rihanna. oldie but a goodie.)

  ps- this is my third update in a week (!!!!)

Mia's P.O.V

  I spent the next forty five minutes walking along unfamiliar roads until I found a cab. My face was red and puffy and I looked like I hadn't gotten any sleep and the look the cab driver gave me when I stepped into the vehicle wasn't pretty. In fact, it was enough to make me burst into tears once again. When he asked where I wanted to go, I told him the nearest airport.

  The plan was to catch a plane to anywhere along the East coast and then drive the rest of the way home. Even though Harry had left me with a big wad of cash, it still shocked me that he dumped me on the side of the road like that. Protective, caring Harry would have at least made sure I got a taxi safely. The Harry that I knew would never leave me if my safety wasn't guaranteed.

  The taxi drive was a half an hour to the nearest airport. When the taxi driver asked for money, I threw it his way and hopped out of the car with my suitcase and purse. Truthfully, I was beyond terrified. Being all alone in an unfamiliar place was completely new to me and I had no clue what I was going to do. There were people rushing around me everywhere I turned and nobody looked friendly enough to help me. 

  With shaking hands, I approached a woman at a front desk and offered her most of my money for a ticket to the Philadelphia airport. This would land me not very far from home, which meant that I would just have to take another cab once I got to Philly. The woman spent close to fifteen minutes trying to figure something out, and then I bought my ticket flying on American Airlines first class at four thirty. She asked me if I was okay and if I needed to make a phone call, but I declined. The pity in her eyes was too unbearable to continue to look at, so I left quickly.

  Having three and a half hours to kill by yourself in an airport after you just had a messy ending with someone you were in love with was rough. In addition to all of that, I was also sealing my fate by going to my father. As soon as I arrived, the marriage papers would be signed and there wasn't a thing that I could do about it. I didn't want to think about what was waiting for me back home, but there wasn't exactly a whole lot of things that I could use to occupy my mind.

  I wondered what Harry was doing. Most likely, he was still on the yacht. I hoped that he would feel bad for not letting me explain myself, because everything he heard was taken completely out of context. It was my fault for not being up front with him, but I felt ashamed of the treatment my family was giving me and I didn't want to lay all of my problems on him. The only thing I wanted to do on that trip was forget about my family and Matthew, not bring it back up. 

  The plane ride was miserable. Four hours of tossing and turning, fumbling with my neck pillow, and crying. Luckily, since I was first class, there was nobody beside me to judge how much of a mess I was. The flight attendant offered to get me some tissues and I declined, my face completely bright red. Being vulnerable in front of people was not my most favorite thing, to say the least.

  What hurt the most was how much I was in love with Harry. What would become of us? Surely there was no future there. The way he yelled at me and didn't let me speak told me that he was never going to hear out what I had to say. My life would end being miserably bound to Matthew by a contract and he would move on from me. I cried harder just thinking of it.

  The flight wasn't too long, but it felt like forever. The sunset was pretty to watch from up above, and being so up with the horizon was somehow comforting. Last night, Harry and I were laying on the dock watching a sunset just as beautiful as this one. Was he watching this one, too? Was he thinking of me? Even stupid things like sunsets reminded me of him.