twenty three

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO COMMENT! you can leave an inline comment (wink wink nudge nudge) or just a general comment. i will be picking a comment that i like to dedicate this chapter to! (wink wink nudge NUDGE)

  also this gif reminds me of a part later in the chapter with jail bed sheets, lol. 

mia

  "I cannot believe this." Harry grumbled as we were both handcuffed and shoved rather harshly into the back of a police car. I was still unable to speak, absolutely stunned at what had just occurred.

  "Officer, please, this is not necessary." Harry tried to bargain. "I can pay out our bails right here, right now. We do not need to make this a big deal."

  "You committed a federal offense, sir. That is a punishable crime by law, I have to follow procedures. If you have a mouth on you, you'll have a harder time in jail." The cop grunted, starting up to car. The word jail echoed in my ear- I was too young to be a criminal! If this ever got back to my family and if this turned into something that needed a court case they could easily sway the court into making me go back to them.

  "I can't go to jail." I whimpered, wiping my eyes with shaky hands. "Harry, my parents can't know about this."

  "Shh, baby." Harry said soothingly. "I'll fix this, alright? Just sit tight."

  Fifteen minutes ago, Harry and I were giggling happily whilst putting up anti-Seaworld posters, and now we were criminals. My record was completely clean and if the media found out that Harry and I got arrested together I'll be even more hated- the blame will get pushed to me, not him.

  "I need to say one thing." Harry spoke up again to the police officer. "This needs to stay a completely private matter. I understand that we did something... bad, but if any media source finds out about this I can and will sue." Never once in my life did I imagine Harry could be this stern with anyone, let alone a police officer.

  "Please refrain from threatening the police force, sir." The police's voice dripped with sarcasm as he addressed Harry as sir. We both know that he knew who we were and he held the power of exposing us to the nation that we had committed a minor felony. Harry's hand squeezed mine a little tired and I rubbed my thumb against his forearm, giving him a reassuring glance.

  "Since you seem to be wanting to strike up a conversation, just exactly what in God's name were you doing? Not only can you be charged with breaking and entering, destruction of property, and other things, you can also be sued or receive a restraining order from Seaworld."

  "I-" Harry began to speak before I interrupted him.

  "We have the right to remain silent." I blurted. Harry gave me a sideways glance and I lowered my voice so that he could hear me and the obnoxious cop in the front seat couldn't. "Miranda rights. It's an American thing. Just don't talk because it can be used against us."

  Harry bit his lip and nodded. The rest of the drive we sat in complete silence. I was too scared to say anything, the cop was aware of it, and Harry was probably a bit clueless because he had no idea what Miranda rights were. His hand rested on my inner thigh as we sat as close together as possible. Neither of us had even remembered to even put on a seat belt. 

  After fifteen minutes, we had arrived at the station. My hands began to shake, but Harry whispered things in my ear that kept me mildly calm. The police officer escorted us into the building, and, to our satisfaction, there were no signs of paps or nosy people watching us.