eight

yall dis is chapter 8

.

.

 mia

.

.

 It was around ten at night when we got back to our bus that was in a large parking garage in the city. Harry carried the heavenly smelling pizza while I cradled the bottle of Coke like it was my child, earning a few chuckles from my roommate.

"M'sorry we couldn't stay in the city for longer." Harry sighed, licking his lips. "I would've liked to go sightseeing more, but... you know."

"It's fine, no worries." I reassured him as we weaved through people in the street. Harry had a hoodie on and it was very effective on covering his face, so nobody approached us on the way to our bus. I, on the other hand, wasn't wearing anything to cover my face, mostly because my fame wasn't as upscale as Mr. One Direction beside me.

"Are we going to be driving tonight at all?" I asked as we turned onto the street of the parking garage.

"I'm not sure yet." Harry said. "I don't want to stay in the city, mostly because I'm afraid of someone coming and tracking me down. Maybe we'll drive out of the city and stay at a rest stop just outside, then go somewhere new tomorrow."

"Sounds good." I nodded.

Suddenly, someone sharply grabbed my arm, catching me off guard and yanking me to the side. Immediately I let out a yelp- not because it particularly hurt, but because I wasn't expecting it at all.

"You're Mia Roden, oh my god." It was a man who seemed around my age, maybe in his twenties. I shook him off of me and gave him a look as he started pulling out his phone. "Everyone is looking for you!"

"Hey man, we've gotta go. No pictures." I heard Harry say, only his voice was heavily disguised by a very impressive American accent.

"I'm sorry." I apologized quickly to the guy, but he completely ignored our requests as he snapped a picture of me in the dark- the flash blinding me for a good two seconds. I glared at him and reached out for his phone, but he was already slipping it into his pocket. Usually I was recognized by people here and there, but for the most part they weren't this rude. New Yorkers tended to be ruder than most people, but this was just downright disrespect. I clenched my hands into fists.

"That's no way to treat a lady, especially after she said no." Harry growled. "Give me the damn phone, I'm deleting that picture."

"Sorry, man." The rude pedestrian said. "I'm not gonna treat her like a lady if she's going around acting like a whore." He chuckled, turning away from us. "Two days ago you were going to be married and now you're with another man?" I was too blown away by his rudeness to stop him, so instead I stood there with my shoulders slumped as I watched him disappear into the crowd.

My chin began to tremble and I nervously looked up at Harry. I couldn't see his face from the hood, but by his body language, he looked pissed as hell. He began to walk in the direction that the man left, but I reached out and grabbed his arm.

"Please don't." I begged him.

"Mia, he was completely violating you and your privacy. That is not okay." He said firmly.

"It's done." I whispered. "Can we go? Please?"

I heard Harry grunt and stay stopped in his tracks for two seconds before he kept walking toward the bus and I followed. I wiped my eyes quickly, trying my best not to cry, but his words hit home. How could someone who was a complete stranger to me affect me this much? I felt like such a baby for crying, but I couldn't help myself. Harry hadn't noticed as he walked rather quickly. I think he was just angry about the situation and I wasn't going to try and start a conversation.