nine

quick note- some people still think she's STILL wearing her wedding dress cmon ppl read chapters 2 and 3 she got her suitcase that she had for the honeymoon and changed her outfit deer gODDD

.

.

mia

.

.

 I woke up very dazed and confused the next morning. I was laying on the couch in the living room of the RV but I had no clue how I had gotten there. The last thing that I remembered from the previous night was closing my eyes for a little bit during Harry's turn in Scrabble.

I yawned and scrolled through my phone for a bit, something that I had to do before I could get up and fully function and complete any daily tasks. Afterward, I got up and made myself a toaster strudel and joined Harry at the front of the bus, where he was driving.

"Good afternoon to you, sleepy." Harry laughed. I frowned down at him- was it really afternoon already? I was a late sleeper but usually the latest that I slept in was eleven in the morning. "You fell asleep during my turn in Scrabble last night. I was very disappointed in you."

"Sorry." I said groggily. "I think I just got tired from all the walking we did yesterday." I explained, plopping down in the passenger seat and biting into my strudel.

"It's fine." He reassured me. "You need your rest for tonight, anyways." He smirked over at me and for a second I paused everything I was doing and just gave him a look. Was this supposed to be referring to something dirty?

"God, no!" He said. "We're going to a party tonight, Mia! No!"

I immediately covered my face with my hands. Usually I was never one to really sexual innuendos or dirty jokes, I was literally the perfect depiction of the person who gets the joke last, but apparently not today.

"Don't be embarrassed, I totally set myself up for that one." He said as he looked onto the road. We were definitely out of the city now. All I could see for miles and miles were railroads and highways and some rest stops here and there.

"So we're going to a party, then? Where at?"

"It's in New Jersey, but practically on the other side of the whole state. I started driving a few hours ago and we've stopped once already. I also went through your suitcase and laid out the dress for you to wear tonight."

"You went through my stuff?" I asked.

"Okay, well you make it sound worse than it really was." Harry said defensively. "It wasn't like I tried your lacy red bra on or anythi-"

"You did what now!?" I demanded, slightly horrified.

"I'm just kidding." Harry chuckled. "But now you've confirmed that you have a lacy red bra in there."

"Well, I was going on my honeymoon." I pointed out. This immediately shut Harry up and I felt sort of bad for saying it that way. Harry delicate, almost. He had this idea of love and believed that it was perfect and it wasn't. It made me not want to open up about my almost-marriage to him, because in a way I didn't want to taint his imagine of love like mine was.

"Right." Harry finally said. "Has he tried to contact you...?"

"Yes." I mumbled, nibbling on the last bit of my toaster strudel.

"What did he say?" Harry asked. I wanted to point out that he was being nosy, but I decided against it.

"Many things. Most I can't repeat. They were mean." I said briefly. I heard Harry sigh and saw him run the hand that wasn't on the steering wheel through his curls. I remembered last night when he told me to stick up for myself and assumed he probably was frustrated that I didn't stick up for myself to Matthew. But how was I supposed to when I was taught by the people that raised me to submit to my fake husband and basically let everyone walk all over me?