s i x

*2 months later*

Vanessa's pov

it's been a week since the last time I spoke to jack, or even seen him for that matter. we are getting married in a few weeks because our parents keep switching the dates last minuet so who knows when I'm actually having a weeding.  jack and I got into a massive fight and he stormed out of the house without a word. I figured he would come back later that night if not, the next day. I stayed up all night for three nights in a row waiting. it sucks not having someone to hold you at night or having a shower buddy.

I lay on the couch while watching a movie on Netflix. I look at my phone to check the time.

2:28 am
ugh, I'm not even tired.
I heard the front door open and a bunch of mumbling coming from a familiar voice, jack.
I quickly shut my eyes and pretend to sleep. so when he walks by to go upstairs he wont bother me, hopefully.

I keep listening to him walking and mumbling. he must be drunk.
I suddenly feel a dip in the couch and feel a soft blanket placed over my body. I peep open my eyes slightly so he won't see that I'm awake.
I can barely see in the pitch black room but I look at the end of the couch and see his face dimly lit by his phone screen. I can't help but smile when I see his jaw clenched as he types on his phone screen. he looks my way and smiles.
"enjoying the view?" he asks with a slight chuckle. 
"I'm asleep jack." I firmly say.
"look nessa, I'm sorry for thinking you cheated on me with Sam. but you come home late almost every night-"
I cut him off.
"every night? you call  two times every night!?" im now getting upset. I swiftly sit up and lean against the arm of the couch.
"nessa.. listen, I stayed at my friend nates house to get away from this whole situation, and I'm sorry for yelling at you that night and for-"
"yea i know what you did. but I'm not buying your shitty apology. and I know for a fact you didn't stay at nates because I went there to look for you. along with every one else's house. where were you jack? and be honest." tears are streaming down my face as I try to look in his eyes but he's avoiding eye contact.
"I-I was at Jenna's, but we didn't hook up trust me nessa." he finally looks me in the eyes and grabs my hands tightly.
"bullshit jack" I say through gritted teeth. I get out of his grip and head upstairs to our bedroom.
I'm not sure if I believe him or not. but I'm beyond angry at this point.
Jenna is his ex girlfriend but they are still friends I guess. he has been invited to dinners with her and his old high school friends including the guys. and he would drag me along and she would be there and they would talk and talk. luckily Sam knew a few people there and went to that school too. so he's usually at those dinners and we chat.
I get under the covers and plug in my phone. I'm instantly tired and fall into sleep with no jack beside me. and for the first time in a really long time, I'm not missing his gentle touch.

im finally letting go. im done.

dont kill me!
trust me I have a plan! and sorry for the lack of updates but I have been working on another book that should come out soon. I'm not sure exactly when but look out for it:)

{vote,comment,share}