o n e

okay so this is my first book and it's really shitty in my opinion..

lower case intended.
enjoy!

i lay on my memory foam bed scrolling through twitter, when I get a text from my mom.

mom- hey nessa! meet me and your father at nobu for dinner tonight at 8! we have some exciting news!! see you then, don't be late!
xoxo

me- ok mom see you soon :)

i honestly don't want to go. i love my parents don't get me wrong, but I just wanted to stalk celebrities social medias and watch netflix.

I look at the time on my computer.
6:24
ugh. i crawl out of bed and head to the bathroom right outside my bedroom. i live in a one bedroom one bath apartment. it's a decent size for a 22 year old. i have a good paying job at a company office in downtown l.a. i'm just a personal assistant for a really attractive man named samuel wilkinson. but he goes by sam or sammy. he's my age, and very good looking.

i began to get ready while i listen to love yourself by justin bieber. soon enough I'm ready and out the door by 7:36.
+
i park my white bmw outside the restaurant and head for the glass doors. I hear my nude heals click on the cement as i walk inside.
"hi, how may i help you?" a nice middle aged lady asks.
"um, I'm actually meeting people." i scan the room and finally spot my mom chatting away with some other woman i've never met and my dad was doing the same with a man. they looked all around the same age.
"oh i found them, thanks" i give her a small smile as I make my way over to the table.
"hey mom, dad" i give them both hugs and sit across from my mom and dad and the two other people.
"vanessa, this is kathrine and david."
"hi nice to meet you" I smile shaking both their hands.
" so what did you want to talk about?" I ask sipping some water that was here when I arrived.
" well we are still waiting on one other person." kathrine says.

what the hell.

"oh" i simply say.
i pull my rose gold iphone 6s out of my black clutch and unlock it. i start to scroll through instagram when I hear a deeper voice approach us.
"hey mom and dad."
i look up to see a handsome man with brown hair with some blond tips and an amazing jawline.
"hi i'm vanessa. i'm riley and andrews daughter." I smile and shake his hand.
"jack, obviously katherine and david's son" he laughs taking a seat next to me.
"so what was I called down here for?" jack asks
"yea same?" i added.
"well, we have decided that you two need to grow up and be adults. and the only real way we could think of, was if you got married." kathrine states clutching davids hand while looking back and forth at jack and i.
i give a quick glance to my mom, dad, and then jack.
"what do you mean?" I ask feeling my palms sweat.
" well, vanessa, meet your soon to be husband" my mom happily says as she clasps her hands together in joy.
"jack, meet your soon to be wife" David adds.

what?!

+
hey guys!! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!

{vote, comment, share}