Chapter 6

This one's dedicated to RomanticAtHeart for making me some beautiful covers! Thank you!!! :)

Enjoy!!

Chapter 6

“Come on, Seth! It’s not that hard!”

I flinched with Seth as Mac yelled at him once again. It was Friday morning and I was in the music room with Mac, Troy and Seth. The band had decided that Seth was the best one from the auditions and now they were working on his parts.

Unfortunately for Seth, things weren’t going too well.

“I’ve already explained this but I’ll tell you again.” Mac demonstrated a move on the guitar once more for Seth who was watching with rapt attention. I saw a bead of sweat travel down his neck and his hands shook as he settled them on his guitar. He pulled off the move and Mac counted him in one more time as they played the first few bars of Don’t Cry by Guns N Roses. It sounded really good up until the one point in the song that Seth couldn’t seem to get. I bit my lip as they approached the section and winced when he messed it up one more time.

Mac growled in frustration and spun away from Seth who apologized for the millionth time. Mac started pacing, letting his guitar swing from its strap as he walked back and forth, running a hand through his hair.

“Maybe if you guys took a little break?” I suggested quietly, unsurprised when Mac sent me a furious glare.

“You think we should take a break? In case you didn’t know, we’re performing tomorrow and this isn’t even the hardest song that he’s going to have to play. There is no time for a break!” he shouted.

“Well maybe things would be going better if you weren’t constantly yelling at him. Right Seth?” my gaze swung to Seth who looked at me like I was crazy before looking at Mac and shaking his head.

“O-o-of course not,” he mumbled trying to placate the seething lead singer who was glaring down at Seth, daring him to agree with me.

I rolled my eyes at Seth before glaring at Mac who had a smug expression on his face. “Fine,” I grumbled. “Do it your way.”

“Thanks for your input, I will,” Mac said sarcastically before counting Seth in once more.

“Nice try,” Troy whispered as Seth screwed up one more time and Mac shouted at him again.

“It was worth a shot. Poor Seth looks like he’s going to pass out from fear.” I looked at the nervous guy and felt a pang of sympathy for him. I knew what it was like to work with harsh tutors. It definitely didn’t make playing perfectly any easier to have someone yelling at you for every little mistake.

“He’ll be okay,” Troy said but there was a heavy dose of doubt in his voice as he eyed the pair in front of him.

As I watched Mac yell at his replacement guitarist, I couldn’t help but regret my decision to take lessons from him. I got the feeling that things weren’t going to go any smoother between the two of us.

When the bell rang signalling second period, Seth still hadn’t managed to nail the part but Mac did grudgingly tell him that he did a good job. “You’ll get that part, just keep working at it.” He patted Seth on the shoulder and Seth’s eyes widened at the uncharacteristically kind words.

“T-thanks, Mac, I’ll definitely work on it,” Seth said after packing up his guitar and walking towards the exit. “See you later guys.” He opened the door but paused, turning back towards us, his eyes landing on me. “Hey Rose, are you going to be at the gig tomorrow?”