Chapter 35

All right people, lovley fans and all that hooplah! This is IT. This is the cross-over chapter that Kelsey (AKA chooseitwisely) and I have been talking about for freaking ages! It's finally finally finally happened!!!!!!!

So for those of you who don't read Just What I Needed, there might be a few things in here that might be slightly confusing to you but you'll understand most of it.

This was super fun to write and thank you to Kelsey for allowing me to borrow your characters briefly. Just so everyone knows, any dialogue from Keely is actually Kelsey's writing so I can't take any credit for her witty responses lol.

All right, it's five am and this is long winded enough. Dedicated to Kelsey for being pretty darn cool.

Chocolate ice cream.

Chapter 35

“I’m not going.”

“You have to,” Francis’ voice said in my ear, grating on my already frazzled nerves.

I gave a snort and stared up at the ceiling of my hotel room, letting the phone fall to the bed beside so that I could still hear Francis but his voice wasn’t quite as inside of my head as it had been. “Why? Am I even in the band anymore?”

“Dom hasn’t told me you’re not so for now, it’s your obligation to show up at the party. You signed on for this, Rose so you’d better not let me down.”

“That would be awful,” I mumbled, rolling my eyes at the ceiling, somehow finding it offensive.

“Yes it would,” Francis said, his voice sounding faraway. “I texted you the address and you’re already late. It’s formal so wear something nice, can you do that?”

“You bet,” I said, picking up the phone and pressing the end call button, glad that once I was kicked out of the band, at least I didn’t have to listen to him anymore.

I sat up and winced as my head pounded unpleasantly and my stomach growled and turned all at the same time, making me even more confused than I already was.

I’d caught a cab shortly after leaving the alleyway and had come straight to my hotel room where I’d proceeded to go into a catatonic state, ignoring all phone calls and knocks on the door until Francis had called me telling me about the party Burn to Shine would be attending that night. It was some charity thing but I wasn’t sure for what because I’d tuned him out when he went into further detail.

I lurched up to a sitting position, wincing as my head throbbed even harder and my stomach rolled. My heart started to pound at the thought of seeing the band again after what had happened that morning. What if this was the last time? What if Dom decided to cut me out of Burn to Shine?

“Screw that,” I muttered, reaching for my iPod, breathing a sigh of relief when Dream On by Aerosmith filtered through my mind, the chords reaching inside of me and making it just a bit easier to straighten my shoulders and stiffen my spine.

Standing from the bed, I moved to the closet and grabbed a blazer to throw over the black tank top that I’d accidentally stolen from Ferrari Brown along with the designer jeans and brown combat boots that I hadn’t even bothered to take off when I’d arrived at the hotel earlier. I briefly considered putting a dress on but I figured it wouldn’t matter what I wore anyway if I was kicked out of the band.

Letting out a long breath, I gripped the door handle and pulled but my courage gave out and for a second, I just stared at the empty hallway, bombarded with the now familiar sense of panic that had been coming in waves all day. Without the band, I didn’t know what I would do. What if I went to this party just to be told to leave, that I had no business there anymore?