Chapter 24

Yay! I uploaded!

Dedicated to Monica242 for making me a very sweet cover! Thanks!!!

Song on the side is featured in this chapter and is currently my ear-worm. I can't get it out of my head and I have no desire to do so because I love it.

Enjoy!

Chapter 24

“Really?” I said, a goofy smile stretching across my face as I looked up at his scowl, thinking how adorable he looked.

“Yeah,” he grumbled, his scowl softening slightly, turning into a frown. “There just seems to be so many reasons why we can’t.”

“Well,” I said moving closer to him, making his eyes widen as his hands loosened from my arms and slipped behind my back, “I have a few reasons why we should,” I whispered, brushing my lips against his softly raising my arms to rest my hands against his chest, running them upward and around his neck until they tangled in his dark hair. His breath was coming faster by the time, I stopped and his eyes were glazed over as he looked down at me.

“What were we talking about?” he asked, his hands tightening around me.

“Who cares,” I whispered, closing the distance between us and throwing myself into kissing him. He groaned and tugged me flush against him, his hands splayed across my back as his tongue darted into my mouth, making my heart trip wildly in my chest and butterflies take off in my stomach. I responded hungrily, sick of denying myself what I really wanted and at this moment, all I wanted was Mac. “Mac,” I whispered against his lips, my voice huskier than usual. He groaned, latching his lips onto mine more firmly, tilting my head to side with the hand that was tangled in my hair, deepening our kiss.

Something was scratching at the edges of my consciousness and I vaguely heard the sound of someone choking. I pulled back, trying to orient myself to my surroundings and when I turned I saw a clerk coughing loudly with a disapproving look on his face as he pointedly stared at us. I blinked a couple times before looking back at Mac who was still staring down at me with a dazed look on his face, his hair was standing up on his head a lot more than it had been and his lips were slightly swollen from kissing me. I grinned up at him and his mouth stretched into an answering smile, his eyes becoming even more dazed as he leaned towards me again.

I chuckled, putting my hand between us and sparing a glance for the disapproving clerk watching the show. “I think we’re scaring people,” I said, my hand cupping Mac’s mouth for a second before I pulled back.

“I’m not scared,” he said hoarsely, his eyes moving to my lips before traveling slowly to the clerk. “What’s your problem?” he asked, scowling at the guy who huffed and turned sharply on his heel.

“We should go,” I said, stifling a laugh as I disentangled myself from Mac, taking a couple steps towards the exit before he gripped my wrist, pulling me to a stop. I turned to face him with my eyebrows raised in question. “What is it?”

“So what did we decide?” he asked his eyes serious and a little nervous as he looked down at me.

I didn’t need to ask him what he was talking about. I knew what he meant and I knew what I wanted to tell him but he was right, there were so many things standing between us, keeping us apart but at the same time driving us together. I turned to face him fully, taking a deep breath before meeting his eyes directly. I opened my mouth to speak when the sliding doors behind me whooshed open. “What is taking so long?” Cindy asked impatiently, striding into the showroom and grabbing my left wrist while Mac held my right.