Chapter 7

This one's dedicated to LovedAndLost for making me three incredible covers! Thank you so much!!!!!!

Enjoy!

Chapter 7

My eyes were totally glazed over and my body was swaying of its own accord as I listened to Mac, Dan and Troy play. Burn to Shine was written in big letters on a screen behind them and I blinked when I realized I hadn’t known their band name until that moment.

A smile spread across my face as I fell in love with the band again but this time more deeply than before. They played off the energy of the crowd and even Seth was keeping up. My feet started to tap in time with the beat and I gazed at the area directly in front of the stage longingly. Dozens of people were there, moving to the sounds of the music and suddenly I wanted to be there too.

Something drew my attention to my left and I looked down to see a girl around my age gazing at the stage with stars in her eyes. She had her hands clasped against her chest and her eyes seemed to be focused on someone in particular. I followed the direction of her gaze and realized that she was staring at Troy as he hit the drums with finesse. My eyes widened as I looked back at the girl who was barely five feet tall and petite. Her long black hair was tied in a low ponytail and she was wearing plastic framed glasses that were too big for her face. She had nice brown eyes and pretty features but I could tell she was the type that most people looked over.

I grinned down at her and after a while she turned to me. She jumped when our eyes connected but she didn’t move away. “Can I help you?” she asked politely.

I let out a short laugh. “Do you like Troy?” I had to raise my voice to be heard over the music.

Her eyes widened as she looked around her to see if anyone heard before she shook her head forcefully, whipping her ponytail around.

My grin widened and I gave her a disbelieving look. She sighed and shrugged her small shoulders. “Okay, yes but please don’t say anything.” Her gaze moved back to the stage and her eyes turned dreamy again. “Someone like him would never look at someone like me.”

I frowned, looking at Troy. He had a huge smile stretched across his face as he moved into a drum solo, his blond hair was slightly sweaty and his big arms moved quickly across the drums. When he finished he gave the crowd a huge grin and I half expected him to throw up a peace sign but he just kept playing as the audience cheered. “What do you mean?”

“He’s so popular. I bet he has a different girlfriend every week,” she shouted over the music.

I laughed. “I don’t think he’s that type of guy. I haven’t known him that long but I can tell you that he’s loyal. He really doesn’t seem like a womanizer.”

Her gaze shot to mine and surprise coloured her features as her eyes lit with recognition. “Oh my god, you’re the new girl everyone’s been talking about!” Her shock was replaced with a hint of animosity as she looked at me. “You’ve been spending a lot of time with the band lately.”

She frowned up at me and I could see the jealousy in her eyes before I said, “Just so you know, Troy and I are just friends.”

All anger and jealousy faded from her eyes immediately and she gave me a huge smile. “Really?”

I chuckled, nodding as we focused on the band again. I felt myself slipping under as they started to play Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd whose album I’d just bought a couple days ago. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as the music flowed through me like a warm breeze. When I opened my eyes, my gaze connected with Mac’s and there was a slight smile on his face as he sang the lyrics.