Chapter 11

Spence: doin okay?
Ryan: yeah, I'm good. Thank bro :)

Everyday I get a text like this from Spencer, but he doesn't need to. I'm fine. It's been a week. I'm perfect right now. Got an a on my paper, picked up a cute boy and got fucked senseless a couple nights ago. I'm just peachy.

I put my phone on my music dock and hit shuffle. The first song that comes on is "Hello, Goodbye." And we're back to square one. So much for being peachy. "Fuck this shit!" I yell, throwing my pillow at the stereo.

"Fuck what shit?" A voice ask, peeking into my room.

"Shit Patrick. You scared me." Patrick welcomes himself into my room and plops down on my bed.

"Sorry. So what's up, why are you so mad?"

"It's not a big deal." Patrick folds his arms and quirks an eye brow.

"Right. C'mon Ryan just tell me. You'll feel better once you do." He watches me closely, waiting for a response. Yeah right Patrick. It's not that e-

"It's just that I really miss this guy and when I told him I had AIDS, he ran out on me and god I just fucking miss him." I spill out. Patrick smiles and pats my head.

"See now, was that so hard?" I narrow my eyes at him, but he's not bothered by my actions. "Where is he now?"

"I don't know, probably working." I sigh and lay back on my bed. "I just wanna know if he's at all bothered by any of this."

"Well we could always find out." He says, gaining a very devious facial expression. Oh man, this is scaring me.

"And how you do you suppose we do that?"

"Well I've been told I have the qualities a cute gay boy." He's right. He does. "Anyway, I could go into his work and flirt with him. I got a mic and head set, so you could hear everything."

"Wait. Patrick, are you gay?"

"Not really no, but I have been dating this guy for a year now."

"Patrick... That means you're gay."

"I've always dated girl until him! Trust me when I say I'm only gay for him." I quirk my eyebrow. Okay, I let him believe that.

"Oh.... Would he be okay with all this?"

"Pete's cool with anything! He's kinky." Patrick winks and his face turns red.

"That's... Um... Thanks for that... but really how would that work?"

"You can set in my car while I do my part." I shrug. It's worth a shot I guess.

•••

My palms are sweating. Jesus fuck. "Dude. Calm down. It's gonna be fine." Patrick says while fixing his hair in the mirror.

"I know, it's just.. what if he's completely over me?"

"Well the sounds in your bedroom a few nights ago would suggest you were over him." I sigh and set back. I thought it would be like that. I hoped it'd be like that. Unfortunately, it just made me feel guilty.

"Get out of here Patrick." He laughs and leaves the car. I put the black ear buds in a watch him approach Brendon. He looks good today. His hair looked really soft.

"Hi." Patrick says giddily.

"Hey. What can I get for you?" I frowned at Brendon's tone. He sounded tortured. The way he moved too. He looked and sounded like he could really care less about the world.

"Iced mocha." Patrick leans over the counter and smiles seductively at Brendon. "And a Boston Cream donut." Brendon flinches and shuts his eyes. My heart rate picks up and I feel like I can't breath.

"Just a second." Brendon mumbles. As the coffee fills the cup, he grips the counter tightly with both hands as if he would fall over any minute. His chest rises and falls quickly. It looks like he's trying not to pass out.

"Are you okay."

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Patrick puts on the sweet charm. If it wasn't for Brendon, I'd fall for Patrick's charm too.

"Not really and even if I did, I wouldn't want to talk to you about it." He snaps. My brows furrow. I've never heard him talk with so much venom. I want to go in there and jump into his arms so bad right now.

"Did you meet an amazing boy in here and you broke his heart?" What the fuck are you doing Patrick?! Must you be so obvious.

"What?" Brendon glares at Patrick. "You know something."

"He wanted to tell you earlier you know."

"Shut up."

"He knew he would lose you, so he stayed quiet for as long as he could."

"Shut the fuck up. You don't know anything about him." Brendon growls. He's still holding tightly onto the counter. Why is Patrick doing this? I can't stand him freaking our Brendon like this.

"He loves you and you destroyed him! What's the matter with you?!"

"I fucking know okay?! I'm beat to shit over it. I never wanted to hurt him!" He slams his hands down, then brings them up to his face. I won't watch this anymore. I quickly get out of the door and run into the bakery.

"Brendon!" I yell. His brown is snap to me and a barely there smile appears on his lips. "Patrick, why would you say those thing." Patrick puts his hands up defensively and he makes a puppy dog face. I guess he was only trying to help. I just can't stay mad at him.

"Wait. How'd you know what he was saying?" Brendon says, losing all of his expression.

"He was wearing a mic, but that's not what I want to tal-"

"You set him in here to fucking torture me?!" Brendon hisses.

"No! I sent him in to flirt with you so I could see if you were over me!"

"That's worse Ryan! God I can't fucking believe you!" Brendon whips off his apron and storms towards the door.

"Wait Brendon!" Patrick and I run towards him. "Brendon stop!"

"Fuck off Ryan!" It hurts when he says this, but I ignore it and I grab him arm. He turns around and prepares to swing at me. When our eyes meet he drops his fist. "Let go." He growls.

"Brendon, I'm sorry."

"Why the fuck are you apologizing? I'm the one who acted like a dick." He looks away from me. Don't hide your face Bren...

"Cause I didn't tell you sooner." I let go of Brendon's arm and turned his head so I could look at his eyes. "Brendon I love you..."

"I'm sorry that I led you on." He growls and my heart drops. "I'm sorry I ever saved your ass." His breathing picks up. "I'm sorry that you ever thought that I cared." He turns over the bakery sign and leaves without looking back.

(AN: I really have nothing to say about this chapter other than it hurt writing it. Don't hate me guys! :( comment and vote. Much love <3)