Chapter Nineteen

~Chapter Nineteen~

*Arite*

I pulled into an automatic car wash and turned to fully face Lee. "You can ask first." I told her, turning the radio off right in the middle of the radio announcer talking about a huge sale at the mall.

"Hmm..." She bit her bottom lip with a thoughtful expression on her face. "If you were stranded on a deserted island for the rest of the life and you only had four other people, alive or dead, for company who would they be?" Her eyes were bright as she looked up at me with a curious expression on her face.

I thought about her question. "I would want my parents..."

"That's two." She held up two fingers.

"Chase." She held up another finger. "And you." I told her truthfully. Her cheeks flared red and I couldn't help but smile a little at her embarassed expression.

"Interesting... Your turn." Her eyes were calculating, trying to figure out what I'd ask. I figured I'd start out easy.

"What-," I was cut off by the blasting of water on the sides of my truck. I pitched my voice a little higher and continued, "What would you do if you were given a thousand dollars but told you couldn't keep it? You had to give it away." I asked. I was only mildly curious and I had a vague idea I knew what she'd say.

"ASPCA," she answered without missing a beat. "Those animals are so cute. I just want to adopt them all." I knew she'd say some kind of charity but the animal thing threw me off a tad bit. I was expecting homeless people or something along those lines. I smiled nonetheless and nodded to her signaling that it was her turn to ask.

"Who did you lose your first kiss to?" Her voice was non-commital but her eys shone with barely concealed curiosity.

"Jennifer Kaslow. We sat next to each other in the third grade. She held me down on the play ground and kissed me in front of the entire class." I laughed at the memory. After she'd kissed me she ran away screaming about cooties and the plague.

She nodded and seemed to be mulling over my words. I couldn't help the words that then followed. "Who're you lose your first kiss to?" The burning need to know was so overwhelming. I needed to know so I couldn't hunt the man down and rip his lips off. Lee was mine and I didn't like the thought of anyone else touching her.

She blushed again and mumbeled something that not even my werewolf hearing could understand. I raised an eyebrow at her and she looked down, her cheeks going scarlet. "No one. I've never kissed anyone or been kissed."

My wolf calmed down and I could breath normally again. I gave her a small smile and said, "That's nothing to be ashamed of." She gave me a shy smile back before getting her thinking face on again. Her biting her lip like that was really starting to drive me and my wolf nuts. Her lips looked so soft and that tiny action was so alluring.

"What's your favorite color?" She asked suddenly, looking me up and down. I could tell she was trying to form a guess.

I pursed my lips and thought about it.

{Lee}

Artie pursed his full lips and I definately caught the action. I was mesmerized by Artie and it unnerved me. I wasn't used to having these feelings. I watched as the multicolored foam was washed off the truck and tiny beads of water ran down the windshield.

"Yellow," he finally decided. I turned to face him and I couldn't help the teasing smile that formed on my face. "What?" He asked.

"Noting, yellow's perfectly fine. My turn again!" I basically sang.

"No it's not." Arite said, seemingly aready having a question in mind.

"Yes it is. You already asked me one. You said 'What?' and I answered. So it's my turn." I told him feeling devious at my childish ways.

Artie rolled his eyes but I ignored him. I was about to ask a completely insignifigant question when my phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my pocket and opened it. Decker just texted me and I smiled. "Will you go with me to Decker's sleepover birthday party? It's tomorrow night into Saturday morning..."

He looked deep in thought and a little at war within himself before he nodded resolutely. "Yes, I'll go."

"Yay!" I clapped and texted Decker back quickly to tell him that Artie and I would be there. He was going to ask Chase.

Chase smiled down at me but then his face became serious and a little unsure. "What would you do if someone kissed you?"

My eyes widened and my throat became dry. Did Artie want to kiss me? Was this his way of asking for my permission? What do I do? What do I say?

"It depends who did the kissing." I said coolly, surprised at how calm and steady my voice sounded. I smiled at his dumbstruck expression and then the automatic car wash trip was done.

I flicked the radio back on and Artie pulled out. The rest of the ride was filled with silence as we thought over the small amount of information we learned about each other.

I knew that I was definatly curious to learn more about Artie but I had to try and pace myself. If I just blurted out a bunch of questions he'd think I was a creepy stalker and that would be bad.

 Artie drove me home and when he pulled into the drive way I gave him a small smile. I felt bad for not talking to him the rest of the way home... "Thanks for driving me home, Artie." I told him, reaching for my backpack that lay on the seat between us.

He caught one of the straps in between his fingers. I looked up at him with confused eyes. "What should I get Decker for his birthday?"

"A goldfish. He loves goldfish." I answered matter-of-factly. I get Decker a goldfish every year. We all do. That way theres a chance that at least one wil survive.

Artie smiled at me and released my bag. I shur his the door and walked up to the front porch. Right before I walked up the stairs I sent him a farewell smile and wave.

Time to pack for Decker's party...

*Artie*

"How was detention?" Mom asked when I walked in the door. I kicked off my shoes and smiled at her.

"Was it magical?" Chase asked, dancing around the kitchen, fluttering his hands behind his back like wings.

"Shut up, Chase. I'll make you sleep next to Decker at the party." I told him. Mom's eyes lit up.

"What party?"

"Decker's having a sleepover and we're invited. It's tomorrow after school... I already agreed," I said quickly, hoping she wouldn't object.

"Good. A birthday party would be good for you two. Isn't a sleepover a little second grade though?" Mom asked, cocking her eyebrow and looking in between us.

"Not when there's gonna be girls there." Chase wiggled his eyebrows suggestivly. I sent an elbow into his rib cage.

"Girls?" Moms voice rose a few octaves.

~~

I know it's been six days! That's almost a week! I feel awful for my lack of writing!! In my defense though I have had a lot of homework! I'm going to hopefully update again tomorrow!

Thoughts? Any?

So I got one person to answer my question last chapter! I feel pretty proud of that. Jose still bugs me though and he told me he really wishes we would've had classes together. It's pretty awkward because the guy I like was right next to me when Jose said that... Oh well!

This chapter goes out to DanielFelsheim for fanning! LOOOOVE IT!

Oh BTW I'm not dedicating for ppl who just add my story to their library anymore because there's too many people who just do that... Sorry but I'd like some sort of confirmation that you actually read it... Sorry!

Random thouhgt: Cream puff cake = TO DIE FOR! Heatty, I love you so much.