Chapter Three √

~Chapter Three~

"Lee, you get bigger every time I see you. I can remember the day they brought you home. You were so tiny and adorable. There's no way you've turned into this, tall elegant young woman in front of me!" Grandma said as I pulled her into the house, still hugging her.

"Grandma, I've missed you." I said, burrying my head in her shoulder. She always smelled like cinnamon and apples.

"Where's my only grandson Daniel?" she asked. As if on cue Danny walked in behind her, completely oblivious to us.

"Hey, Mom! Who's car is out there?" He was busy untying his shoes and then when they were sitting perfectly parallel to each other and the perfectionist was satisfied he straighted up and his eyes widened. "GRANDMA!" he squealed much like I did. I was pushed out of the way quite rudely and Danny was hugging Grandma.

She's the only grandma we see because our other grandma doesn't like me. After Danny broke away I noticed Mum and Dad standing in the doorway and they were smiling at us.

"Hi, Mom." Mum said, going to give Grandma a hug.

"Lillian, my only baby. How've you been?" Grandma asked in her grandma-like way.

"I've been good, Mom." They pulled back and gave each other big smiles before Grandma turned her attention to Dad.

"Henry, get over here and give me a hug!" Dad did as instructed and after our giant hug-fest we headed into the kitchen for tacos.

While we noming on our tacos we made small talk and Grandma filled us in on the latest gossip around her home.

By the time seven thirty rolled around I knew all the gory details of what was going on half way across the country. My grandparents lived halfway across the country from us so we only saw them a few times a year. It was kind of a big deal for us.

We all gathered in the living room and sat down. I sat on the couch with Grandma in the middle of Danny and I. Mum and Dad each chose a recliner. Grandma smiled at Danny and I as she pulled a bag from behind the couch. She must have hidden it earlier.

"Presents! Yes!" Danny said, pumping his fist in the air.

"Oh calm down, Danny. You act like a child." Grandma said, playfully smacking his nose.

"HA! You're the child this time!" I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"No way! You are!"

It continued like this for a bit until Grandma gave us a look that had us both finding the hardwood floor absolutely fascinating.

"Now parents first." Grandma told us. She pulled open her bag and reached inside. She brought out two wrapped packages and tossed them over the coffee table sitting in the center of the room.

Dad easily caught both of them and handed one to Mum. They tore the paper off and I laughed. Dad got a watch and Mum got a purse. They said their thanks and Danny was basically bouncing in anticipation.

"Now Lee..." she said and Danny's eyes widened.

"Oh, give Danny his! He'll probably flip his lid if he can't open it soon." I said. Grandma and Grandpa liked to spoil us since we were really the only family they had besides their siblings and I always felt weird since I'm not actually biologically related to them. I thought of them as my grandparents but it still felt weird if that makes sense...

She shrugged like it was no big deal but the wink she sent my way let me know she knew why I did it. Her smirk had me confused though. She pulled out a small wrapped parcel and handed it to Danny.

"Be careful with that now, Danny Boy." Grandma said. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but still eagerly wripped the paper off.

He lifted the lid on the box but quickly slammed it back shut. "GRAM!" Daniel yelled, astonished. His cheeks were tinged a faint pink.

"Oh my goodness. You're blushing! What is it?!" He just shook his head so I snatched the box from him and opened it up. My mouth dropped open forming a little 'o' of surprise.

"What is it, Lee?" Mum asked. I started laughing as I pulled the little square out of the box.

We all laughed at Danny's stunned face and the fact that his present was a condom.

~~

Mum woke up and is telling me that 2am is too late for me to be up so... I'm ending here. I'm already planning my next chapter in my head so probably tomorrow if I don't get too distracted. Now I'm really sad because I've not gotten a single comment! I got a cool little notification thing though saying Sescintille added my story to their library though so that was pretty cool, that's why this chapter is dedicated to them!

I've got a challenge for you. The first person to comment with more than three words gets the next chapter dedicated to them! If you're not first don't fret. IF your comment is interesting or in anyway shape or form amusing/random I'll dedicate a chapter to you too!

Please comment I'm lonely with no one to talk to me.

Random thought: My brother hit a deer with his car tonight on the way home from his girlfriends house. He's all good though and so is the deer so ^_^ (Happy face)

<3

Roughly Edited.