Chapter Eight

~Chapter Eight~

{Lee}

"Oh my goodness, Lee you fox! He was all over you like a fat kid on a cupcake!" Decker said when we were out of earshot.

"He was not!" I defended. "He's just new..."

"And thinks you're all that and then some!" Hannah said.

"Yeah and damn girl he was fiiiine." Decker drew out the 'i' and overexaggerated so much that people actually turned to look. "Wish I could get me one of them. Or two..."

"Now that's just creepy, Deck." I shuddered, praying he wouldn't need to go into details.

"All I'm saying is with a couple of guys like Artie and Chase I might have my hands full and I like when my hands are full." (My GBF says stuff like that ALL the time! *shudder*)

"OH MY GOODNESS! EW!" Hannah and I screamed in unison. I ducked out from under his arm and closed my eyes while I put my hands over my ears. I will never get that sentance out of my head. EVER!

"Twice in one day my youthful innocence has been corrupted! TWICE!" I murmered to myself, not intending for Decker to hear.

"Oooh, when was the first?" he asked curiously.

"Daniel decided it was okay to come downstairs in only his boxers this morning." I said, unable to restrain the shudder that flew down my spine.

"Ya cold, Lee?" Lewis asked, coming up behind me and wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"No..." I said, always weary of Lewis. He knew where I was ticklish and never missed an opportunity to use my weakness for his amusement.

"Come on, we're going to be late." Lewis said, dragging me into homeroom.

I sat down in my seat and he came and sat in the seat next to mine. The tables were big enough for two so we were fairly close. "I'm sleepy." I murmered to him as I leaned my head against his hard shoulder.

"Okay, just rest for a bit." He was petting my hair. Weird. "I'll wake you when it's time to go."

/Lewis\

"I'm sleepy," she whispered in that cute little way she had. She leaned her head against my shoulder and the weight felt nice. I slowly ran my hand over her hair, lost in the silky feeling of it.

"Okay, just rest for a bit. I'll wake you when it's time to go." I told her. She nodded into my shoulder and let out a little sigh.

Maybe she was finally starting to realize that I have a crush on her and I have for the past three years...

I looked up when I heard someone coming in through the door and right when the tardy bell rang two boys walked through the door. They looked so similar they had to be brothers. The younger looking of the two scanned the classroom, his eyes flicking over everyone, before coming to rest on Lee and I in the very back of the room. I kept stroking her hair and I saw his eyes flash.

The other boy walked over to Ms.Lipton and said something quietly to her. Her eyes lit up and she stood to address the class. "Okay everyone, listen up! That means you Ms.Jones!" I shook Lee a little and she opened her eyes. "Better. We have two new students who will be in our homeroom. They'll be with us for the rest of the year so please be nice and if they need help don't be rude. This is Chase and over there by the door is Artie."

I looked down to Lee and she was looking at her hands in her lap with a faint blush caressing her cheeks. I wonder why...

*Artie*

When Chase and I walked in the last thing I expected to see was some little punk holding my Lee. He even saw me watch him and he had the nerve to smirk at me! I'd gladly rip his arms from his body for the smirk alone but with him holding Lee so intimately. This was taken to a whole new level. She was MY angel!

Chase and I went to the last available seats in the back of the room. The desk infront of Lee and the boy. Why was she even letting him hold her like that? Couldn't she feel our budding connection?

I took the seat directly infront of Lee and Chase sat infront of the boy. Vaguely I noticed her friends from before who were in the center most section of the room closer to the front. They were watching us with interest but I didn't care.

"Hi, Lee." I said softly, not wanting the anger burning within me to show in my voice and starlte her.

"Hi, Artie," she said back, blushing ferociously. "This is my friend, Lewis." She pointed at the boy with his arm around her shoulders and let out a tiny yawn. "I'm sorry, I'm still just a little tired," she said as her eyelids fluttered closed.

Oh, my angel was tired and that's why she was leaning on 'Lewis'. That explained so much!

Lewis looked down at her with a look in his eyes that only made me want to rip his arms off more. He was enjoying having her in his arms! This puny little human boy thought he had a chance of haveing what was rightfully mine!

'Bro, you're staring. It's weird.' Chase told me through our mind connection.

Using every ounce of strength in me I managed to turn my back on my angel and the boy holding her.

A few moments later I heard him whisper to her, "Lee, it's time to wake up. The bell is going to ring any minute now."

"Huh?" I heard her tiny voice ask. She was dazed and I couldn't help the content smile that found its way onto my face.

"You have to go to shop and I have to go to computers." Lewis said quietly.

"Okay." I looked down at my own schedule for the first time and realized that I had shop first period. I smiled a huge goofy smile. Perfect!

"Hey, Lewis?" I asked, turning in my seat to face the boy who was oogling my angel.

"Yes, Artie?" I could hear the disdain in his voice.

"I was wondering if you could direct me to my first class? I'm not entirely sure where shop class is..." I put on my best innocent face and I had to hide my joy when Lee spoke up.

"I have shop first period too. You can follow me!" Her voice was much brighter than when she first woke up and that made me happy.

"Really? Thanks! That's such a relief..." I sighed ad really it was a relief. I could see her all through the first hour and not have to worry too much about other guys because I would be there to supervise.

~~

SO! That's like four chapters in one day! I feel so proud of myself! I tried to make them longer although I'm not too sure how that worked out... I HAVE A FAN! YES YOU HEARD ME! My day is just going awesome! First I get a comment and a vote then I get a fan! I feel so giddy!

This chapter is dedicated to my very first fan ralyn26. I MIGHT upload again later tonight. Like way later.  So thanks!

Random thought: I find myself singing to inanimate objects... I see nothing wrong with this! Do you?