Chapter Ten

~Chapter Ten~

{Lee}

The first half of the day was over and I was dry again. I was sitting at my lunch table with my usual group of friends plus Artie and Chase. Artie really didn't talk to many of the other kids in any of our classes. Yes I said our. Somehow we managed to have five out of eight periods together.

At the moment I was sat in between Artie and Lewis. Chase was in between Hannah and Decker and his face was comical to say the least. Every now and then Decker would reach over and grab his knee which resulted in Chase dropping his fork and pinching the bridge of his nose. Hannah gave up trying to converse with a while ago though. She was texting on her phone that she had hidden in her purse. Very inconspicuous, Hannah.

I felt pretty good since I hadn't seen Kevin all day. Maybe he hadn't come to school. I could understand if he hadn't. Danny could really throw a punch when he was determined.

Lewis started tickling me and poking me in the side which had me laughing and squirming into Artie although he didn't seem to mind. He kept talking to Chase as though there wasn't a giggling sixteen year old girl leaning into him while he ate lunch. Lewis seemed to be enjoying himself too as he had a wicked gleam in his eyes while he continued with his never ending torture.

I was laughing so hard that my sides burned and I had tears in my eyes when I sensed someone behind my chair. I couldn't really look at the moment though seeing as how I could hardly breath. Lewis let up long enough for me to catch my breath.

"Go away." Hannah said bluntly, looking at whoever was behind my chair.

I swiveled in my chair and nearly groaned. "I second that!" I said, turning my back on Kevin. He really knew how to spoil my happy mood.

"Oh no. You can't just turn your back on me. I demand to talk to you after you sent your psychotic brother to my house to give me this." I turned around and saw him pointing to a massive shiner on his eye. You could see a dusting of bruises on his chin and exposed arms.

"Ouch. Those look like they hurt... I'm sorry, Kevin but I never sent Daniel to your house." I told him truthfully. "And what did you say to him that sent him over the edge. He said he was just going to talk but then this morning he said that you were saying things that pushed him too far..." Okay so I was paraphrasing but it was still the main gist of what Danny said.

He stooped down to my level. "You really want to know what I told your brother that sent him over the edge?" I nodded.

*Artie*

"You really want to know what I told your brother that sent him over the edge?" the boy they called Kevin asked Lee. She nodded her head with a perplexed look. "I told him that not even your real parents wanted you as their daughter so you should be lucky that I'm even showing interest in you now. Don't you know how to act like a good girl when a handsome young man, such as myself, shows interest in you?"

I sucked in a breath and Lewis clenched his teeth. We were both showing restraint but Lee was way past that. She balled up her tiny fist and sent it flying straight into his good eye.

"That's how a good girl acts when a bastard such as yourself shows interest in her." She sneered before spitting. In his face. Then with no warning she slammed her chair out and it hit him somewhere critical for all males. She kneed him in the gut once for good measure before turning and walking across the cafeteria.

She stopped infront of a boy a bit older than her and looked him in the eye. "Thanks." I heard her say.

I tore my eyes away from her and grabbed this scum by the ear, dragging him out of the cafeteria. I pushed him up against the wall. "If you ever touch her again I will rip your arms off your body. If you look at her I will remove your eyes from your skull. If you think about her like that again I will put you six feet under. Got it?" He nodded up at me. "Good."

I swept his legs out from under him before walking back into the cafeteria. Lewis looked at me and glared. "You didn't have to do that. Lee can handle herself." He said, defending her strength.

"I know she can, she just shouldn't have to." I replied, easily silencing him.

I looked back to my angel and she was hugging the older boy. I squeezed my eyes shut and breathed deeply, trying to restain myself from going over there, pulling her from his arms, and holding her for the rest of forever.

"Who's that?" I asked as calmly as possible. I pointed to the guy she was hugging.

"Daniel." Decker answered. "He's her brother."

"Oh." I sighed, calming myself down. "What was Kevin saying about her real parents?" That part I was hung up on. I understood that he wanted Lee and she wasn't going to give into him. The whole "real parents" thing really through me for a loop though.

"She's adopted." Lewis said bitterly. I swear my jaw touched the floor. How could someone manage to give up such a beautiful child? She was absolutely perfect in everyway!

"Oh..." I said lamely.

"Yeah, she's kind of touchy about her real parents though." Hannah said.

"I understand." I replied, getting the meaning behind her words. Don't bring it up. Got it.

Lee pulled her chair back out and sat down next to me again. Her eyes were rimmed in red and I knew she was crying when she talked to her brother. She leaned her head on Lewis's shoulder and sniffeled.

Oh how I wish that could be me holding her.

Lewis stroked her arm soothingly and she closed her eyes. "This has to have been one of the longest lunch periods ever." She said without opening her eyes. "Today sucks!"

"You know what will make you feel better?" Decker asked, leaning across the table towards her.

"A unicorn?" She really did like unicorns...

"Nope."

"A pegasus?" Were those flying unicorns?

"Nu-uh."

"Jacob Black!" Okay now that's just insulting!

"NO! BROWNIES!" Decker squeeled like a little girl opening a plastic container full of brownies.

Lee's eyes snapped open and her hand darted into the container then back out again. She held a tiny brownie in her hands and she ate it in tiny bites. "Decker, you make kick ass brownies."

"They come from a box." Decker said back.

"A kick ass box." she mumbled.

~~

WOO!

I can't believe this is chapter ten already... It's only been like two and a half weeks... It is basically two in the morning and I have to be up by 7 to set up a yard sale with my Grandma... If this chapter starts to make no sense it's because I wrote that part recently. ^_^ I re-wrote this a few times (three to be exact) and this was my most pleasing revision. I hope you enjoy it. Comments kick ass like Decker's brownies and so do votes! Fans PWN! Like Grandma!

Random thought: I have a spider bite on my arm! Will I turn into Spider woman?!

<3