Chapter Twenty-Two

~Chapter Twenty-Two~

{Lee}

"Why do they call it clapping erasers?" I asked, tossing the erasers at the wall which made big yellow marks from the chalk dust.

"I don't know, mabye because it looks like your clapping?" Artie suggested, clapping his erasers correctly like the good little boy he is.

"Maybe..." This was our detention. Mr.Evans had talked with all the teachers and got them all to gather their erasers in a big box. Then for our hour we had to clap all the erasers.

"Oops..." Artie said as he lightly tossed his eraser at my back. It left a big yellow rectangle on my black shirt.

"Artie," I growled, tossing my eraser up in the air and cathcing it again. I threw my eraser at him and it bounced harmlessly off his shoulder, hardly making a mark on his light orange shirt.

"You two are so childish! Gosh! Mr.Evans is going to be back any minute to check on us! If he catches you two goofing off I'm not going down for another two weeks because of you two!" Kevin yelled, clapping the same two erasers he had been since detention started twenty minutes ago.

"You say 'two' a lot..." I said, laughing as Artie got me in the thigh with another eraser.

Soon we had an all out eraser war going on between Artie and I. Kevin was sullenly clapping his erasers, sitting on the concrete porch behind the school.

I ducked as an eraser whizzed past my left shoulder and threw another eraser right into Artie's face. He playfully growled at me and said, "You're going to pay for that one, Lee." He lunged at me and I tried to side-step him but he caught me in his arms.

I squirmed and squealed, laughing like a maniac. I tried in vain to get out of his vice-like arms. Artie leaned in real close to my face and smirked when my eyes widened.

*Artie*

Lee's eyes widened as I leaned closer to her face. I smirked at the pissed off vibes I was getting from Kevin's corner. I put my mouth right next to Lee's ear. "Do you know what I'm going to do now?" I asked her.

She shook her head a tiny bit. I smirked again and slowly brought my hands around towards her.

{Lee}

Carefully his arms released my body but it didn't matter I was frozen.

WHACK!

His hands clapped down on the sides of my head, putting a cloud of chalk dust swirling in my hair and around my head.

I coughed a few times and waved my hand in front of my face to clear away the swirling yellow dust.

Artie looked at my schocked expression and started laughing. I started laughing too while I grabbed two erasers from the box and clapped them on the sides of his hair.

"Now we match," I said pleasantly, shooting him my dorkiest smile.

After that we went back to clapping our erasers semi-normally. I was still chucking mine full-force at the wall and Artie was tossing them at the ceiling. A few minutes later Mr.Evans came out the door and took one look at Artie and I and walked right back inside.

I took that as meaning that detention was over and tossed all my erasers in the box. Artie copied my movements and Kevin stood slowly from his position, stretching out all of his joints.

"Hurry up, Kevin or I'll make you carry this box all by yourself," I told him sternly. I was in a hurry to get to Decker's so I could get cleaned up and celebrate his birthday. And swim.