You Are The Only Exception:Ch 37

A/N: First off... thank you bunches to KatieLady15 for making that beautiful book cover! :) 

And to SummerBreath for the other book cover that's on the side!  

I fell in love with it. Reminds me so much of Michelle&Everett! :')

~You Are The Only Exception: {Teacher/Student Relationship}~

Chapter 37

_________________________________________________________

I squeezed Jason's hand tighter when I saw the needle of the speedometer raise slightly. We were flying down a dirt road, I turned to look out the window, the sun had gone down already, only a little orange was left, then darkness would take over. I hated the dark.

As the sun continued to go down, I saw trees zooming by, or the dark figures of trees. No street lights anywhere, I guess that's 'cause we were at the outskirts? I'm not sure. But the road looked abandoned, and no houses, or stores were near by, which only added to my list of worries.

I looked back out the windshield and, saw what looked like a parking lot up ahead. A lamppost was the only thing that lighted up a small portion of the lot. I squinted my eyes, (as if that could help to see better), and could make out another car there. Who was it?

"He's here." I heard Jason mutter.

I felt him squeeze my hand. I don't even think he noticed. "Who?" I felt myself asking.

"Everett." he sighed. He slide his hand from mine, and reached for the gun, that was in my other hand. I instinctively pulled it away from him, and pushed it so it was between my thighs, and clamped around it as tight as I could.

I saw Jason's hand stop, as it hovered over the my hand he let go. I hesitated to look up into his eyes, but finally gained the courage and looked up, before I wimp out.

He was looking at me intently. "Michelle." He reached over, but before he could touch it, I squeezed together legs tighter, that I knew when I gave him the gun, it would leave it shape in my thighs.

"No." I whispered, and shook my head.

He reached, and grabbed my hand that was covering the top of the gun. After a few minutes he pried my hand off. "Stop being a brat." he huffed out.

"No, stop, don't use it. Please." I almost yelled, urgently, as he was fighting with my hands. It was a good thing Everett couldn't see inside the car, since all light, except for the lamppost, was gone.

Finally he grabbed both my wrists in one of his large hands. If this wasn't a serious moment, I would be laughing, since he was breathing fast. Did I really make him work that hard? "I won't use it unless I have too." he whispered.

He used his other hand to grab the handle of the gun, the only part that was showing. "But you won't have to, right?"

He finally let out a heavy sigh. "I don't know."

I groaned inwardly, I wish I knew the answers. Or could tell the future, so I would know what would happen. I slowly relaxed my legs, and he easily pulled the gun out.

"Promise me nothing will happen." I found myself whispering.

I felt his stare on me, as I looked out the windshield. "I can't promise-"

"I just need you to tell me that everything will be fine!" I found myself yelling.

I turned to look back at Jason. "Michelle."