You Are The Only Exception: Ch 28

~You Are The Only Exception: {Teacher/Student Relationship}~

Chapter 28

_________________________________________________________

The drive to the nearest cafe was shorter than I expected. As soon as Miles paid for our drinks, even though I was begging him to take my money he wouldn't, we sat in a booth at the corner. "Ah, so you want the corner booth just so you can make out with me, huh?"

I literally almost spilled my drink in my attempt to look over my shoulder. Once I saw his smiled I couldn't help but play along. "Oh you know it." I replied while shaking my head.

I sat down on one side of the booth, and Miles took the bench across from me. "So, what do you want to know?"

I looked down at my smoothie, and eventually back up at him. "Everything. I want to know about Everett and you."

"And what if I don't want to tell you?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Hm well, I don't know."I shrugged, and smiled.

He laughed through his nose. "Now this is gonna be a novel. But alright. Should I start from high school? Where he'd fuck anything that had a tiny waist, big tits, and a pretty complexion. Or should I start from where he blamed me for my bothers death?" He laughed humorlessly. "Oh wait! Maybe I should start from college, where he started doing drugs."

I stared at him shocked. "I-I didn't know..."

"You didn't know any of that because he doesn't want you to know Michelle. He wants you to think of him as the perfect guy. But he's not, and you know that now. I have no idea why you keep letting him back into your life so easily."

"How did you know that?" I whispered.

"Know what? That he's broken your heart?" I nodded. "Riley. Michelle, he's a heart breaker, and a player. If I were you... I would build back those walls around your heart."

I nodded again. "Tell me what happened to your brother."

I looked up to see him staring at me. He took a sip of his iced coffee, and began. "They were best friends, you would never see one without the other. My brother was a drug dealer. Everett, of course, didn't know. My brother only did this to support me, since our parents were doing a shitty job. I looked up to my brother, so one day after school I decided to try some pot." He leaned forward a little, and I did the same. "My brother came home early that day, and yelled at me. He told me I shouldn't be doing shit like this, and he told me he was going to fix this."

I tilted my head to the side. "How do you fix it? I mean..."

He chuckled. "So the next morning I wake up and saw my brother was barely coming in the door. He had cuts on his face, arms, legs, and chest. Bruises, and scraps also. They were everywhere. He even had a black eye. He looked like death. And you know what he did?" I shook my head. "He smiled." He looked away from me, and down at his cup. I noticed his eyes were getting water-y.

"Wait, why did he have cuts, and stuff?"

"You can't just go, and say 'I'm done with drugs, and this bull shit' Michelle. If you want out... well, it comes with a price. They'll beat the shit out of you, and if you come out alive, well they'll let you go, kinda, they'll actually leave you where you are, which for my brother, was the the dirt. He also got branded."

I nearly chocked on my drink. "Branded?" I whispered harshly.

He nodded slowly, and took another sip. "On his shoulder. Left to be exact."

I hesitated. "What was it?"

"I actually can't remember. I think it was and 'X' meaning crossed out. A rather large 'X'. I don't know how he went through one that big..." he trailed off.

I furrowed my brows, it's like he was trying to say something. I closed my eyes, and replied. "Wow." was all I could say.

"Yeah, so about two weeks later we were cliff diving. It was about a ten maybe twelve foot drop. Not that big. We were having a party on the beach, and stuff. Everyone had left already, so it was just My brother, Everett, and me. And all of a sudden you hear tires screeching. A voice yelling at us, and in a flash, a gun was pointed at me. All I remember was being pushed out of the way, and a shot was fired."

I felt my heart racing. In a way I didn't want to know what happened. I had a good feeling on what he was going to say.

"The guy ran off, or rather drove off, and I saw my brother on the ground." he stared at me, then out the window. "I'm pretty sure you know what happens next. The next day I told Everett about the drugs, and what happened to my brother. He blamed me. Can you believe that? He blames me for my brother death."

"It's not your fault though."

"I know. My brother told me that before he died at the hospital. He said 'nothing is your fault Miles. I brought this upon myself'."

I reached across the table, and grabbed his hand giving it a gentle squeeze. He looked down at our hands, and then back up to me. He gave me a small smile, but returned the squeeze.

"So the next few years Everett just stopped talking to me. He started smoking pot, and drinking. Partying of course, because hey, who doesn't party in college?" He started fiddling with my finger. I didn't pull it away because he seemed to have relaxed a bit. "The last time I saw him was when he was moving over here for his teachers job. I came with Riley, but he really didn't seemed to acknowledge my presence. Even at that party at the beach he ignored me. So when he snapped at me for talking to you on the beach, I was kinda shocked."

"Does he still do all that stuff?"

"Drugs? No. He's a teacher Mel."

"Well, that doesn't mean that can't do it on the weekends." I pursed my lips at him.

He chuckled. "I guess not. But that was like a college phase. But he does still drink, and about the women part, well I'll let you be the judge of that."

"Miles." I whispered, and he looked up from playing with my fingers. The way he looked at me through his eyelashes was beyond hot. "I'm sorry for your lose, and the way your life has been so far. It must be hard."

He gave me a small smile. "I guess I got use to having a hard life." he chuckled. "That's why I moved down here though. I wanted away for my past. So I started working, and I'm currently living in a apartment by myself, so it's all good."

I laughed. "That sounds awesome."

"So do you plan on going to college?" He leaned back in the booth, and stretched one of his arms on top of the booth's seat.

"Uh, I don't know actually. I haven't given it much thought."

"If you were to go, what would you study?"

"Music." I replied shyly.

"Ah, that's right. Riley says you have an amazing voice. I'd love to hear it sometime." he smirked, and started crunching on an ice cube.

"Maybe if you take me to you apartment one day."  I challenged.

"My Michelle, ready for the bed already?" he whispered, and leaned across the table.

I was not about to blush, or back down at this point. I wanted him to know, or more like myself,... that I could take his little innuendos, and teasing comments. "Nope." I held onto the 'o' a little longer.

I felt his hot breath caress my face. More like coffee breath but I didn't mind, since it smelled delicious. I finally noticed how close we were. I had leaned in, not evening knowing. He's beautiful green eyes pierced into mine.

Suddenly my phone started ringing. My Mario theme song filling the air. Miles smirked at me, while leaning back. "Nice ringtone."

I pursed my lips. "Shut up." I answered my phone without checking who it was. "Hello?"

"Hey babe." I cringed at the last word. Ever since Rikki pointed it out, I started hating that pet name more and more.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I thought we could go to my place, and order something. That sound alright?"

I felt my forehead wrinkle. 'What time is it?' I mouthed to Miles. He checked his phone, and held up a two four, and a five. I nodded. "Yeah that sounds good, I'll be over at six. Is that alright?"

"Yeah, I'll see you then. I love you."

"Uh, yeah. Bye." I ended the call, and placed it back on the table.

"I should get you back." he stood up, and waited for me.

As soon as he parked next to my Mom's car. I noticed I didn't want to leave him. I had fun, except for the fact that his brother died, and Everett was an ass.

"Uh, well thanks. I had fun. Kinda."

He chuckled. "I did too, we should do this again. So the next time you stalk me at work, ask me again. Okay?"

"I was not stalking you!"

"Oh okay. I don't know what you kids call it these days."

I smacked his arm. "Your like three years older than me."

"Exactly. Well you better go, I wouldn't want you to keep your boy toy waiting." He looked a little jealous. I wonder...

"Ha ha. I bet your girlfriends waiting too." As said as I opened the door.

"I don't have one, or a fling, or anything. It's just me in my whole apartment. The only girl in my life is my Mom."

"Aw how cute!" I gasped. "What a mama's boy." I cooed.

"Really?" he chuckled.

I laughed at his reaction. "You should take me to your apartment one day."

He grinned. "Maybe. I'll cook for you too. I'm amazing." he winked.

Without thinking, I leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek. I climbed out of his car, but before I closed it I leaned back inside to see him staring at me with wide eyes, and one of his hands went over his cheek. "Bye Miles."

He regained his composure. "Later, Mel."

I climbed into my car, and turned to see Miles smiling at me. With one last wave he drove off, and I shortly after I did too.

_________________________________________________________

I walked into Everett's apartment... Hotel room?... Man he really needed to get a new place. "Everett!" I yelled.

I rounded the corner, and saw he was sleeping peacefully on the couch. It was then that all of Miles' words came rushing into my head. Drugs, blame, sex, and whatever else he did that Miles doesn't know.

I sat down beside his slumping body, which was slumping further by the seconds, and soon his head was in my lap. I lightly began stroking his hair, which was smooth, and slightly damp. His eyes opened, and he blinked a few times to focus them. "Shit. Did I fall asleep?" I smiled down at him, and nodded. He was starting to move, and was about to sit up, but I put one of my hands on his chest. He looked at me, and nodded.

He put his head back in my lap, and stared at me. "Did you have a good nap?" I asked, and began stroking his hair again.

"Yeah, I did actually." he closed his eyes, and was clearly enjoying his hair massage. I laughed inwardly. "I missed you." he whispered.

I stopped stroking his hair for a few seconds, his words catching me off guard. I soon began again, and my mind instantly went to the things Everett had done. I nodded, and smiled.

"You didn't miss me?"

I pursed my lips. "I didn't say that."

"Mm. What did you do this afternoon?"

"I went to the bookstore."

He opened one of his eyes. "And? Did you get something?"

I smiled down at him. "Nope. I found someone though."

He chuckled. "Who?"

I hesitated at first. "Miles."

Both eyes were opened. "What did you two do?"

"I asked him to have coffee with me." I was going to be completely honest with him. Except I was going to keep the fact that he told me about his past.

"Why?" he was now sitting up.

I sighed. "We were just talking, so please."

"Well, sorry I asked." he grumbled.

"Everett, stop."

He groaned, and ran one of his hands through his hair. "I'm sorry, I just don't like the thought of my girlfriend out with creeps."

"Are you serious?" I clenched my jaw, I might have not known him for long, but he was not a creep. I stood up, and was about to make my way around him when he pulled me down, and I was now sitting on his lap.

"Why did you go the doctor a few days ago? Or I should say the day we came back from Corpus?" he asked suddenly. Way to change the subject.

"I had bad cramps, and a stomach ache that wouldn't go away. Plus I spotted for like, a couple of days, but It stopped, and I barely stopped like yesterday." I was embarrassed to be telling him this. I felt my cheeks burn up. "Uh, they gave me some ibuprofen, and that they were going to call back sometime this week. But no call yet. I think it was my acid reflex acting up though."

I didn't ask what the nurses, or doctors what they were doing, since I was in a lot of pain. I do remember I took a urine test, and they took some blood from me.

I heard Everett chuckle. "Well, it's a good thing you stopped." He pushed me to lay down on the couch. "Cause I've been dying for you." He whispered huskily in my ear.

I moaned, as I felt him settle between my legs. "Everett." I whispered.

I opened my eyes to see him hovering over me, both his arms on either side of my head. "You want this as much as me, right?"

I bucked my hips against his, causing him to groan. He closed his eyes, and took a deep breath.

"Promise me you won't see him again." he started grinding his hips against mine.

I processed what he said, and I knew my answer. "I can't." I whispered.

"Your mine, Michelle." he grounded his hips harder. Possessiveness in his voice, and movements.

I moaned, and buried my head into his neck. "I can't." I whispered, once again.

He jumped off of me. "Damn it!" his eyes burned with fury now. He walked down the hall, and towards his room. He slammed the door behind him, and there I was, alone on the couch.

"What did I do?" I whispered to myself. I buried my face in the pillow next to me, and soon drifted to sleep.

---------------------------------------

I felt someone shaking me lightly. "Michelle." Another gentle shaking. "Babe." I opened my eyes to see green ones staring back at me.

I turned my face away.

"I'm sorry. I overreacted. I'm just jealous."

I turned my face towards him again. "I'm not going to stop seeing him, ya know? He's actually a pretty funny guy, and I would like for him to be my friend."

He smirked slightly. "Yeah. So, am I forgiven?"

"When don't I forgive you?" I arch an eyebrow.

He chuckled, and was hovering over me once again. "I think you look beautiful with clothes on, Michelle. But I would much like to see them off." He began raising my t-shirt, and pulled it off in one motion.

He kissed down my neck, and the valley between my breast, and soon reached my stomach. I reached down, and quickly unbuttoned, and unzipped them. "Take them off."

"With pleasure." He pulled them off, and I was left in my undergarments. I noticed he was still wearing the clothes he wore for school. I reached for his his vest that was unbuttoned, and he shrugged our of it, next came his tie, and white button up shirt.

I let my hands run up, and down he chest, and abs. How I missed touching him so much. I looked up at his face to see his eyes were closed, and his breathing became heavy. "Your dress pants are in the way." I whispered in his ear.

He groaned, and swiftly took them off leaving him in his boxer. He greedily took of my bra, and underwear. And I have to say, I was moaning up a storm.

The least of my worries was having one of the residents next door report my,... loudness.

I wanted Everett.

He wanted me.

But, Miles' words kept creeping back into my head. In, and out the would go.

'If I were you... I would build back those walls around your heart.'

Maybe I should listen to his words. I don't know.

I closed my eyes tightly, and buried my face into his neck. I clung to Everett tightly as he kept a slow steady rhythm going. It had my heart pound against my chest.

_________________________________________________________

A/N:

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE.