51.

***

London's birthday

"Dad?!" I exclaimed, diving off of my bed and jumping into his arms in excitement.

"Hi Birthday Girl," he laughed in his deep, velvety voice. "I've missed you."

"I missed you too like," I sniffed into his chest as his fingers stroked my hair.

"I'm here for a week, lucky you," he tried to make me laugh.

"I'm glad," I smiled up at him.

You see, me and my Mam were the total opposites to my Dad.

He was tall, strong and built like a bull. He was from originally from London, but he's picked up different sayings from Newcastle.

"I heard you've got a man," he bent down to his knees so we could speak properly.

"A man? He looks more like a little boy," I giggled. "But yeah, you could say that!"

"I hope he treats you right otherwise I'll go and get my rifle and shoot the Devil," he said with a serious face, making me nervous until the corners of his lips twitched into a smile, making me laugh again. "Seriously though, kid. I've missed you. I'm so proud of you."

"Come on lass, you need to get ready!" My Mam interrupts my tears, and rubs her hands together.

"For what?" I turned to look at her. "It's only half 11!"

"We're going to a new joint down the road later - we know how long you girls take to get ready," my dad started to pretend to brush his hair, and then take a selfie with an imaginary phone.

"You're stupid," I gave him another hug.

+++

I chose a blue bodycon, with sleeves made out of lace and a blue band round the middle to emphasise my figure.

I had my make up done fully - black and Royal blue eyeshadow fading into gold, eyeliner and false eyelashes. Also, my eyebrows were filled in and I had the usual underneath e.g foundation and powder. [a/n - to see what this all looks like, click on the photo at the very start of the chapter].

"London are you ready? We're leaving soon!" My Mam stated as I glanced at the clock which read 18:07pm.

"Yeah!" I replied, spritzing on my favourite perfume before grabbing my phone, and slid it into my dark blue clutch.

I went down the stairs slowly, and when I reached the bottom Mam made a dramatic gasp.

"18 years old!" She sniffed, making my dad grumble and roll his eyes.

"Calm down," I joked, giving her a hug. She lead me out to our car and I sat in the back, my stomach rumbling rather violently.

About three minutes into the car journey, my phone buzzed and I pulled it back out of my purse.

@TheVampsBrad: "Happy Birthday @LondonBWS X"

@LondonBWS: ahh thank u !! x

I smirked and clicked onto his DM symbol, about to type a message.

But before I could say anything, I got a message off him first.

@TheVampsBrad: Happy Birthday baby xx
18:14pm

@LondonBWS: thank youuU xxxx
18:15pm