Pain.

Since founding out about my pregnancy Noah has been more protective, and way more clingy. I can tell he loves me because his actions say so. It's been two months since we found out. Everyone knew the next day. Yesterday we found out we were having a boy. I was so happy I cried. Noah was happy to.

This morning though things were different. I could sense Noah's anger. I rolled out of bed and instead of changing I left on my sweats and Noah's t-shirt. It was the only thing that fit me right now. Being a werewolf, and carrying an Alpha's child in me meant my pregnancy only lasted five months meaning I was half way through this.

I walked out of our bedroom in the direction of Noah's office; I could tell that's where he was due to all the growling. Walking faster I heard banging and things being broken. I didn't bother knocking he wouldn't answer anyways.

Walking in I was greeted with a steaming mate. "Noah? What's wrong?" I asked cautiously.

Noah turned fast and in three swift strides he was in front of me. I felt a sting on my cheek before I even realized he had moved.

Tears rushed to my eyes. I turned on my feet as fast as I could with my huge belly and ran, well waddle jogged away. I went back to my bedroom slamming the door shut and locking it.

He hit me. Noah hit me. My mate hit me. He hit is pregnant mate. I could barely register what had happened when there was banging on the door.

"Open this door right now Katrina!" Noah's voice boomed. I could feel his anger. I shivered at his voice and found a space to hide. Which didn't exactly leave many options. Hiding in the closet I knew Noah would break into the room anyways. I sat there behind everything shaking and crying softly.

"I said open this fucking door!" Noah yelled before there was a bang. I heard the door slam open and as best as could muster it was slammed shut. Squeezing my eyes closed tightly, I placed my hands over my stomach in a protective manner. I felt Noah's hands grab me roughly, ripping me from my hiding place.

"Please stop," I whimpered. Noah shoved me against the wall pinning me.

"When I say to do something, you do it!" In a swift motion his fist connected with my face, over and over and over again. I didn't protect myself, all I could think about was protecting my child. I whimpered and pleaded with him to stop.

Noah swung again; lower this time, hitting my ribs.

"Our baby!" I screamed in shock and pain. I felt Noah pause. His hands left me and I slide to the floor in a heap. My hands wandered my stomach. "My baby, my baby, my baby..." I mumbled frantically.

Tears blurred my vision as I tried to get up. I had to get to the doctor, I had to make sure my baby was alright. I felt a hand touch me, and I shrunk back in fear.

"Please, don't hurt my baby, please, please, please!" I cried.

"I would never hurt my pup. Not intentionally." He snipped. I felt his hands move and suddenly my feet were off the ground. He laid me down on our bed. "The doctor will be here shortly."

"I'm here, what's wrong?" Dr. Monty asked rushing into the room. She froze at the sight of me, but quickly snapped out of it running to my side. Pulling out her kit she got to work. She grabbed out gauze pads moving towards my face.

"My baby, check my son first!" I shouted out. Dr. Monty gasped at my outburst but as fast as she could pulled out her hand held ultrasound kit. I felt the gel on my stomach then the cold pressure of the pad. Seconds later there was a fast thudding on the small hand held monitor.

"How is he?" Noah growled. The doctor jumped.

"His heart beat is fast but still strong. I recommend bed rest for the next few days." Dr. Monty then put away her hand held, cleaning my stomach. She then moved to take care of my face.