Chapter 41 - "Use Protection"

Kylie's POV

Janelle's coming so are Molly, Cole, Lucky and Lele. (I just noticed that they all have L in their names.)

Kade wasnt going because of his basketball thingymajigy. He didn't want to miss it out. Ever since we were little he loved every sport he has played but one of his favourite out of them all was BASKETBALL.

~America~

We got 2 rooms, we agreed to carve up ourselves into two groups to girls and boys. Ours was obviously larver since there were four of us. We got in L.A around 4 in the morning. While assaying to sleep on my bunk I couldn't stop thinking about my upcoming date with Luke at 12 am tonight. He said making it early slash late will be better than typical date times so we could be alone. Thinking about was just so electrifying.

'Kylie...?' Janelle spoke. I made HMMM sound to tell her to continue. 'What are you gonna wear for your date?'

'Nothing.'

'Hot, but i doubt that Luke won't let you be naked, Kye.' She grimaced, 'We should go shopping. I mean we can still take few hours from you 7 hours. Getting ready wont take much time, if you let me help you.'

When she said IF YOU LET ME HELP YOU she meant by doing my make up, doing my hair and giving me a make over with her magical talented hands. Molly told me the exact same thing 'LET ME HELP YOU' and they both mean the same thing. As much as i hatr to admit it, I didn't want to look like a clown. The way Molly does her make up is so obvious and I think so I would gladly accept Janelle's offer than hers.

'Alright cool.' I replied.

The Hotel's two queen-sized bed was unbelievably warm. The pillows were so damn soft, and I felt like I could sink into the fluffy mattress and stay there forever. But I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned on my side of the bed, trying not to bother Janelle. I counted stars. I did that thing where you relax every part of your body from the big toe up. I even imagined one of my favourite hot student teacher, looking at me back and forth.

Still wide awake.

My position was better than hers because I could clearly see the city lights and stars from the window.

~^~^~

I texted Luke letting him know that I would be out for 2-3 hours with Janelle. He just seenzoned me. How lovely. It was either because I didn't ask for his permission or he was just really lazy to reply.

'Do we have to ride a bus?' I complained/asked for the fourth time. I pouted while squinting my eyes.

'No, of course not. We're gonna have to go on a boat to get to the city.' She said sarcastically with her eyes rolling.

I let out air out of my nose giving her the look. 'Ohh.. That's a very sour look you have on your face. Be careful, your face might freeze like that forever.'

I elbowed her and rolled my eyes. The city wasn't so far away. It would only take 6 minutes for us to walk but Janelle said it was too cold. I didn't want to say anything to sound rude. It was -3 degrees in America and 40+ in Australia. What a huge difference.

'Hey Molly brought her summer clothes right?' She remembered and started laughing. I immediately hit her head which caused her to stop laughing.

'She's my step sister. She didn't know America's season.' I replied seriously.

'Oh come on. She's a traitor. I'm warning ya. She's still dangerous.' Janelle said and sighed with dissapointment.

Hearing her say it sounded a little bit too believable. It made my head question myself or the future. These confusing questions running through my head that I know will never be answered.

What if she's just actually using me?
What if she still loves Luke?
What if she still hates me?
What if she's faking everything?
What if she's still a bitch?
Can I really trust her? ..

"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer."

That quote. It keeps repeating in my head. No matter how hard I try to forget about it, it was still stuck in my head.

'Whatever you say.' I got so quiet until we got to the city.

still thinking.

~^~^~

Janelle flung a black and purple dress with a little laces over it at me, 'Put that on and then I'll fix your hair.' I starred at the dress as the, as the silk fabric slid across my skin everytime I moved.

Molly's fashion was a little... Out there. She wasn't afraid to wear what she wanted and she didn't care of what people think of her. I didn't either but I didn't want to go out looking like a slut or something. That would be horrible. Molly.. Not Janelle.

Maybe Janelle will make me look like a slut or clown.

She sent me a look of disbelief, 'I wouldn't make you look like a clown. I may be annoyed of your attitude today but I wouldn't make my best friend look like a clown... Even though I know I should.' I sighed as she gave me a beaming smile.

'Fine and sorry.' i replied.She nodded.

'I can't believe you're going to look so girly and wear a dress.'

Yeah yeah. I barely wear dress. I was used to wearing shorts, jeans and leggings. My dad never buys me dress because he didn't exactly have a sense of fashion. The last time he bought me a dress, the dresses looked like those typical dresses for dead people when they're about to be burried.

'It's not a big deal--'

'Not a big deal?! That's like saying meeting your celebrity crush is not a big deal.' I shrugged. I thought it wasn't a big deal. She pushed me towards the bathroom, 'Now put that on, and come back out immediately so I can do your hair.' She gave me a mischievous look,and then pushed me in the bathroom. I rolled my eyes and quickly slid the dress.

It fit in all the right places and it showed off my legs. I smiled while looking at the mirror.

Wowwww. I feel so...... girly.

I stepped out of the bathroom, and Nicole immidietly screamed. I jumped at the sudden sound and laughed.

'Calm down, It's just a dress.' I said making Janelle glare at me.

She pushed me onto the chair and pushed me in the bathroom in front of the mirror. She stared at my hair with a creepy smile. 'I've always wanted to do your hair.' I just laughed even though I should be freaking out at the monstrous look on her face.

After a couple of hours my hair was finally finished and she finished up with putting mascara on my lashes.

'It really makes your eyes sparkle even more. Fascinating.' She said when she was done. She backed away. 'Okay i'm done.'

I nodded and stood up. I moved closer to the mirror to see my eye's reflection.

The purple and black dress went well, with my long tanned legs. My brunette hair was straightened and it reached my mid-back. My brown eyes sparkled, and I smiled. Mascara did wonders for my eyes, i turned around to see Janelle who pretended to wipe tears from my eyes. The doorbell rang (yes hotels do have doorbells in each rooms.)

Someone was out the door waiting. ' i was sent by Luke Brown to pick up Kylie Curtis?'

'Yes, that is me.' Janelle hugged me from behind all of a sudden and whispered in my ear.

'Use protection.' I choked on air. She pulled back and smirked as soon as i gave her a glare.