Chapter 24

Leila woke up and felt the fast, sharp movements of the bus as it turned corners. She stumbled out of the bed, struggling to find the ground with her shaky feet.

She wobbled her way through the confined "hall" and went to sit back down by Luke. He hadn't seemed to move, he was still sat on a cushiony seat below the window.

"Sleep well?" He looked up, noticing her stumbling into the room.

"Yeah, the bus is a bit shaky." She flopped onto the gap in the seat next to Luke and he raised his arm to put it around her.

"Yeah Tony (the bus driver) likes to speed." He smiled and looked back down to his phone, scrolling through comments on his recent Instagram post.

"oh cool." Leila said nervously, she shakily gripped her phone out if her pocket and began to dial her mons phone number.

"I'm just gonna ring my mom." She said glancing briefly at Luke and then looking in her notifications bar to see that her mom hadn't contacted her.

"Sure babe, do whatever." He smiled.

Leila stayed sat next to Luke anxiously as he still didn't know that she went without her mons permission.

"Leila? Leila dear is that you?" Her moms voice was weeping.

"yes mom I'm here, I'm absolutely fine." Leila spoke calmly and lowered her voice slightly hoping Luke couldn't hear when realistically he could.

"How dare you leave like that. I would've said yes Leila, but i don't like how you left, please come home." Leila could hear her moms voice breaking, obvious signs that she was breaking into tears.

"Mom I'm sorry, I'm fine, I love you okay. I cant come back now, please." Leila pleaded down the speaker.

"Are you sure you're fine?"

"yes mom, everything's fi-"

The bus abruptly weaved round a corner, Leila was forced powerfully onto the floor, she lost grip of her phone and it flew around the air as the bus flipped.

The bus tumbled over and over again, causing Leila to thump into the sides of the bus violently. The bus finally stopped tumbling but continued to skid across the highway.

Items out the cupboards flew out hitting her solidly on the head. The glass windows scraped along the floor, smashing. A piece of glass flew into Leila's side above her hip bone. She let out a loud weep but seemed to be the only one crying out for help.

She lay in a puddle of blood that was exiting from a wound in her head.

"LUKE." Leila screamed. She didn't receive a response and was left to cry helplessly in the silence.

A table had detached from the wall and was now on top of her legs, refusing to let her break free. Her arms was twisted behind her neck, and when she tried to move she tensed up in pain.

"Help!" A distant cry came from where Beau had been sleeping in the bunkbeds.

"BEAU?" Leila screamed as loud as she could, hoping that she wasn't imagining voices.

"LEILA?"

"YES, YES IM HERE." Leila whelped and tears violently rolled down her cheeks one after the other.

"COME TO ME." Beau yelled in pain.

"I CANT." Leila cried, "IM S-STUCK!"

....

"BEAU?"

....

Beau had stopped replying and Leila was alone again. Her legs started to become numb and when she tried to move them she didn't seem to feel anything.